Facilities Team AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our Client is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Their expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. They are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world. Their professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients customers engage them for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades they have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
The company is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by their values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. They are large enough to be trusted by their clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know their colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About the role:
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Facilities Team Assistant, working in a team of five and reporting directly to the London Facilities Manager(s). Overall, the position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of the department accountabilities, the primary duties are outlined below.
- Support the delivery of Facilities and HSE services to all employees within the London office.
- Experience in Move Management an advantage, working with the FM to manage and plan office moves and relocations. Liaison with team representatives is imperative to ensure that requirements are delivered to a high standard.
- Assisting in the management of the Security Access Control System.
- Delivering a First Class Facilities Helpdesk service to all FTI staff.
- Managing incoming requests and ensuring that they are logged and resolved promptly and in the required manner.
- Carrying out regular checks and surveys of the FTI space, including kitchens and toilets.
- Answering telephone and e-mail queries from customers in a concise and professional manner.
- Reporting issues to the relevant contractors, and receiving time limitations where possible. Ensure that SLAs are adhered to.
- Dealing with customer requests quickly and efficiently.
- Completing thorough weekly reports, containing all relevant information about completed and pending jobs. Ensuring that DSE Risk Assessments are arranged as required for those that need them, and are carried out internally or by our external occupational health service provider.
- Liaison with the Building Management team to ensure that all issues reported in the Landlord’s demise are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Managing the offsite storage and archiving of material – Arranging for its collection to and from storage.
- As well as these activities, additional tasks may be requested as required by management.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum A Level qualifications or qualified through relevant experience
- First Aider at work qualification preferred but not essential
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification
- BIFM membership
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within a corporate environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office packages and AutoCAD (preferable but not essential)
- A background working in a corporate environment is essential, with professional services experience preferred
- Good time management skills, with a focus on maintaining regular service, support and supply
- Ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard
- Experience dealing and communicating with employees at all levels of an organisation
Skills and Competencies:
- A helpful, enthusiastic approach to the job, even though some aspects may be repetitive.
- A willingness to learn; to support the Facilities Manager(s)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure.
- Team player but highly self-motivated with an ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident working with a number of demanding stakeholders.
- Strong Client focus attitude
- Excellent attention to detail.
- As the role is an active one that requires regular face to face interaction with customers, it is imperative that the successful candidate enjoys this type of role and builds strong working relationships quickly.