UK Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Our client is a successful corporate organisation whom are now looking for a new Head of Facilities for their national portfolio of offices.
- Working with key stakeholders and the senior team to develop the UK Facilities Management strategy.
- Establishes an FM supplier management strategy; ensures standardisation across the UK offices where appropriate; manages contracts and the overall supplier relationships.
- Responsible for the UK Facilities budget; ensuring maximum value for money.
- Monitors compliance to UK law, regulations and standards and policies.
- Ensures office risks and issues are identified and appropriate actions are in place to mitigate.
- Sets the framework for FM performance management, including establishing KPIs and reporting.
- Standardises (where appropriate) all FM activities across the UK offices, including policies, processes, tools, suppliers and information.
- Ensures effective communication across all stakeholders, including the users of facilities. Ensures senior stakeholders are fully engaged and involved in key decisions.
- Line management responsibility for Office Manager and team; functional responsibility for regional Office Managers and other Facilities related staff.
- Ensures all Facilities staff are appropriately trained and developed; knowledge is shared across the team and support is available from the wider team.
- Owns the design and delivery of new/refurbished office facilities.
- Works with the Group Health and Safety Director to ensure all offices are safe and promote staff wellbeing.
- Works with the Group Head of Sustainability to minimise the environmental impact of facilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Facilities Management or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- BIFM Level 4 or above (or equivalent qualification)
- NEBOSH qualification desirable
Skills & Experiences
- Project Management skills and experience of overseeing complex office fit-out projects
- Strategic approach and a proven experience of working at a senior management level
- Experience of managing and developing a geographically distributed team of direct and indirect reports; establishing clear processes
- Ensures clear plans are produced and appropriate skills are employed to achieve plans
- Enables the achievement of results by clear leadership and team working
- Ensures appropriate professional working standards are established and maintained
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to find and agree solutions
- Demonstrates empathy with key stakeholders, visitors and staff and always strives to achieve excellent customer experience
- Communicates and influences effectively at all levels and gets buy-in and commitment from others
- Ensures Value for Money in all aspects of work responsibilities
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good experience of managing office Health and Safety and sustainability issues.
- Must be able to take full accountability for their role, actions, judgements and decisions.
- Must be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Confident in making decisions within policy guidelines.
- Must be able to remain calm and focussed in difficult situations.
- Proven record of getting results and developing others.
- Won’t be afraid to address difficult issues and establish facts.
Planning and Organisation
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Must be able to run effective and productive meetings.
- Must be organised and prioritise own work to deliver on time through managing time effectively.
Communicating and Influencing
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Must be able to use a range of communication skills and adapt these as necessary.
- Use facts and data to influence an outcome.
- Presents well to others.
- Must be able to participate, share knowledge and actively support colleagues.
- Able to quickly deal with conflict or issues that could affect the performance of the team.
- Must be able to recognise own strengths and weaknesses and draw on the strengths of different people.
- Must be able to motivate a team to achieve one common goal.
- Must act as a role model, setting high personal standards.
- Must be able to adapt management style to suit different individuals and situations.
- Must be approachable and able to offer advice and support to others when required.
- Able to communicate clear expectations of performance and behaviour and act quickly to resolve issues.
- Must be able to articulate a clear purpose to others and encourage a maximum buy in and commitment from them.
- Must take an active interest in developing others by providing opportunities for others to reach their full potential.
- Must be able to give fair, accurate and regular feedback on performance, which builds capability and confidence.