Temporary Assistant Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client is the UK’s largest and Europe’s second largest provider of self-storage. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. They now have a need for 2 Facilities Assistant Managers for a minimum of 3 month with the opportunity to become a permanent position.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a professional, comprehensive Facilities Management service. Helping to lead the Facilities team, in the absence of the Facilities Manager ensuring the smooth and effective ongoing operation of the clients UK operation. You will liaise with all Head Office departments, stores and contractors; this is a key position in the organisation.
The purpose of the role is:
- To support the Facilities Manager with the day to day delivery of the Facilities service.
- Assisting with ensuring that facilities available at each site remain in a manageable, safe and effective condition
- Take responsibility for planned maintenance, including the implementation and auditing of the PPM across the UK estate, ensuring 100% compliance.
- Work with the Facilities Manager & coordinator all contractor management and KPI reporting.
- A longer list of all of the day to day duties can be enclosed if you feel this position is right for you.
- Facilities management in a cultural institution or high-profile facility.
- Extensive use of computerised maintenance management systems, preferably FSI Evolution. (Training provided if not).
- At least five years knowledge and experience of hard and soft facilities management (formal FM qualification desirable e.g. BIFM).
- Knowledge and experience of compiling facilities maintenance specifications and associated tender documents.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Facilities Maintenance legislative areas such as Legionella Management, Asbestos Management, Electrical Condition Reports and Fire Risk Management.
- Knowledge and experience of budget management.
- Good level of knowledge and competence with Microsoft Office, Intermediate level of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to communicate confidently with people at all levels, the ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation.
- A track record of successfully managing difficult situations.
- Ability to adapt communication skills to varied situations.
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care and service.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative.
- Dedicated team player, capable and willing to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to manage own time and workload and has a flexible approach to changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and get involved in the department’s activities.
- Strong organisation skills supporting both individual and team-level tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work through problems logically.
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable when working with data.
- Sufficient experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a busy organisation.
- Demonstrates good commercial awareness.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 0207 118 4848.