EMEA Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is an exciting permanent role within a globally recognised brand. This industry-standard client has asked Maxwell Stephens to find a determined and ambitious Regional EMEA Facilities Manager looking after 4-8 sites while living in Germany based in either Garbsen or Krefeld and reporting into an Account Director. Candidates must be fluent in German and have good English speaking skills.
This role can be based anywhere in Germany for two days a week and the other 3 days you will be based in either Garbsen or Krefeld.
The sites you will be managing are operated by highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Manual Handling, Industrial Automation and autosorters. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the environmental and safety program for the site and foster a “Safety First” culture within the supplier teams
- Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team across 4-8 Sort Centers
- Establish and execute strategic direction for operations & maintenance team in alignment with client goals. Ensure all Client safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client’s assets
- Audit buildings’ physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards.
- Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
- Team with sourcing manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services
- Transform existing operational practices to leverage tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
- Drive site performance indicators through the site FM
- Lead/assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have superior leadership skills, sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with performance. Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behaviour.
- Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Operations Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Operations Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Financial Management
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; Manage the process to complete the projects
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field preferred with a minimum 10 years direct supervision of a facilities organization >200 FTE within the industrial or manufacturing environment, experience within the logistics environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of conveyance, high speed Sortation systems or Industrial Automation is preferred
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24×7 operations in a fast paced, high pressure work environment
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Experience in root cause analysis including 5 Whys, Fishbone, FMEA or equivalent.
- Lean or Six Sigma understanding.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed
This is a highly diverse and responsible role in Germany, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay on 0207 118 4848 or send your cv to email@example.com