Regional Engineering Manager – EMEA – Ref 676Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a global real estate company, whom are now recruiting for this role to be based within their engineering team.
- Enforce a zero tolerance to unsafe working practices to target a zero accident rate.
- The role is responsible for ensuring; all transitions and subsequent transformation work is executed strictly in accordance with approved operational protocols.
- This role is responsible for ensuring; engineering practices i.e. the self-delivery of technical services are fully compliant with the relevant in country statutory/legal requirements and that the company have the appropriate accreditations in place to operate safely.
- This role is responsible for delivering; the Engineering Services Compliance Programme (ESCP) i.e. providing technical support/mentoring engineering teams and the auditing of account compliance with against engineering standards and the Master Services Agreement (MSA) and Local Services Agreements/Exhibits (LSA).
- This role will support the Europe team; in the pursuit or new business, the development of engineering consultancy and the execution/governance projects.
- Participation in the EMEA Critical Environments Management Board, supporting account customers with managing business risk within mission critical environments.
- Pilot, deliver and support the next generation of maintenance strategies and technology platforms being implemented across EMEA
- Support incident management to full reinstatement of service and root cause analysis
- Complete technical compliance audit / building condition surveys at client premises
- Provide subject matter & market sector expertise / 2nd Tier technical support
- Provide energy and sustainability support / guidance
- Complete life cycle assessments and forward planning of investment strategies
- Manage, support and act as approver for ad hoc project works up to £1m
- Provide ad hoc consultancy services
- Support new business pursuits and client meetings
- Generate additional revenue opportunities – margin contribution to business
- Extensive travel may be required at short notice in Europe and the Middle East.
- Evaluate, propose and implement appropriate tools/processes to support the engineering function
- Liaise, collaborating with global/regional counterparts, to implement operational audits for linked with other support functions i.e. HSE, QA and Legal
- Lead audits on client accounts and collaborate on required action plans
- Assist account teams with the commercial review of engineering service providers
- Provide maintenance optimisation proposals ensuring correct maintenance practices
- Carry out facility condition surveys using the process on premises reporting findings to the Field Support Director and appropriate account staff
- To participate in the EMEA Engineering forum, driving innovation across accounts ensuring that best practice is being implemented consistently
- To support targets via Engineering best Practice
- To liaise with procurement teams ensuring contracts with vendors are appropriate (i.e. specification led – value for money) and performance metrics are clearly monitored
- To assist in the development of marketing materials that articulate approach to the engineering services, demonstrating the firm’s capabilities to new clients during business pursuits
- To participate in transitions as the engineering subject matter expert
- Liaise with the team assisting with any technical issues arising from an incident, near miss, investigation or other circumstances which require an engineering subject matter expert
- To provide escalation / crisis management for all accounts where are engaged
- To be appointed as the ‘responsible engineer’ for the licence across EMEA countries. As the ‘responsible engineer ‘accountable for ensuring staff are competent technically to carry out their assigned duties
- To be appointed as the Authorising Engineer for High Voltage/ Low Voltage, Confined Spaces and Pressure Systems working
- Support the development of training plans to enhance and develop the skills of technicians, ensuring they remain competent to carry out their assigned duties and where possible/appropriate reduce the reliance on 3rd party suppliers
- Technically qualified professional mechanical or electrical engineer
- Multi-disciplined experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in team and matrix environment
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Skilled in managing vendor contracts
- Skilled in commercial management of engineering contracts
- Ideally able to speck technically in two languages (one must be English)
- Appointment as “Authorising Engineer” designated to ensure staff are competent technically to carry out assigned duties
- Practical working knowledge of best practice tools and techniques
- Practical experience in Hard Services contract management and delivery
- Systematic approach with good attention to detail
- Excellent customer service ethic and a flexible approach to meeting client requirements.
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to outcome specification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in plant operational management
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Senior Management (Operations Manager or above)
- A Chartered Engineer or qualifications leading to registration e.g. MSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services Engineering or,
- European Ing or qualifications leading to registration
- Suitably qualified as Authorising Engineer for High Voltage or Confined Space or Pressure Systems working.
- Health and Safety Qualification i.e. NEBOSH general certificate in occupational health and safety.