Head of WorkspaceBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading charitable organisation, who have made a huge difference to so many disadvantaged people for over 80 years.
They are now seeking an experienced and talented Head of Workspace to join their team in West-End, London to manage their London based offices and related services.
This is a unique role and the successful candidate will also be responsible for managing supply chain functions and IT in the UK and will also be responsible for managing a relocation project early next year.
Supporting Strategic Development (15%)
Leadership and Change Management (20%)
Effective and safe workspace services (15%)
Procurement and supply chain management (20%)
Information Technology (20%)
Policies and procedures (5%)
Other support (5%)
- Act as the facilities and buildings lead in the development of Workspace and property strategy
- Contribute specialist experience and expertise, and act as advisor to colleagues and senior managers
- Support the development and delivery of the annual plan and budget process for the Operations team, and act as budget holder for the workspace aspects
- Line management of the Receptionist/Admin Assistant and the ICT Technician, setting clear objectives and supporting to deliver the best work
- Review working practices, identify and implement improvements to ensure best and most effective use of team time, alongside providing a customer-focused service
- Ensure the availability of an effective, professional and usable working environment alongside associated services such as cleaning and reception
- Manage office insurance contracts ensuring adequate and cost-effective cover is in place at all times
- Take responsibility for all aspects of safety and security, ensuring our client is legally compliant
- Manage change to workspace use and requirements, such as space reorganisations, team relocations, space, furniture or equipment renovations to deliver the best outcome
- Project manage office moves, including relationships with property agents, landlords, legal advisors, fit out companies and staff and board committees set up to advise
- Manage and develop the portfolio of suppliers, leading on procurement, ensuring they have effective supply of services to required standards and performance.
- Review supply and suppliers and set up master purchasing agreements for frequently purchased supplies and services.
- Ensure cost-effective, fast, flexible, reliable and quality delivery by improving the integration, management and planning of supply chain operations.
- Manage all complex donor funded procurement that arises
- Manage other Supply Chain areas, such as property, inventory and asset management
- Provide strategic and operational leadership around the use of information technology and ensure the effective delivery and continuous improvement of IT services and solutions
- Develop and review the IT strategy and ensuring the strategic management of IT resources and roadmaps
- Take responsibility for the provision of IT services, service levels and quality, ensuring information assets are appropriately protected from internal and external threats
- Ensure that policies and procedures for supply chain, administration and IT are comprehensive, widely understood and followed
- Advanced Degree in a relevant subject
- Demonstrated success as a facilities or workspace leader broad knowledge of workspace practices
- Experience across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Financially numerate and commercially savvy, able to develop budgets, monitor ongoing expenditure and carry out processes such as forecasts
- Experience of managing a small/standalone workspace/facilities function with budgetary responsibility
- Experience of leading or having significant responsibility for an office relocation
- Experience of managing and developing a modern approach to workspace provision, particularly in the context of work agility
Demand for this position from qualified and enthusiastic candidates is expected to be high. Should you wish to apply for the role, we ask that you contact us directly and without delay to register your interest.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply