Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a charitable organization, seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join their team.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the appearance, facilities, services, maintenance and safety of the client’s building and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. They will recommend and coordinate improvements to ensure a safe, functional, and appealing space.
The Facilities Manager will also be responsible for the third party facilities management company and will liaise with tenants (commercial and residential) and regular and occasional users of meeting rooms, ensuring facilities meet the requirement and that invoices are issued as necessary. You will also seek out opportunities for commercial letting of space.
- Undertake all responsibilities and duties of line management as required under the policies and procedures.
- Regular supervision and training and development of direct reports.
- Ensure a welcoming, clean and tidy appearance to all public areas in the client’s property.
- Ensure meeting rooms are appropriately configured and laid out for meetings with all necessary resources and equipment.
- Ensure all kitchen areas are kept stocked and clean and tidy.
- Act as point of contact for tenants (commercial and residential), responding to enquiries and dealing with any issues.
- Act as point of contact for hirers of meeting rooms, arranging provision of lunches, refreshments etc
- Maintain room hire policy and agreements.
- Seek opportunities for commercial letting of meeting rooms (within constraints).
Building Services, Safety, Maintenance and Environmental
- Ensure a functional, safe and accessible environment for staff and visitors.
- Manage the contract with third party facilities management company.
- Liaise with facilities management company regarding services and service charges to tenants.
- Schedule periodic maintenance e.g. redecoration.
- Identify and scope necessary building improvements.
- Procurement and contract management including preparation of tender documents.
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to achieve best value.
- Manage facilities budget.
- Manage utility contracts in line with identified environmental objectives.
- Manage specified services for staff, e.g. telephones, photocopiers
- Identify and promote opportunities for environmental initiatives e.g. re-cycling.
- Plan and manage changes to use of building in line with strategic objectives.
Safety and Security
- Act as lead for health and safety in the building.
- Maintain and test emergency plans and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure security, fire prevention, and other safety systems are in working order and tested as appropriate.
- Provide training for employees as needed.
- Management of security for the building.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Educated to A Level standard
- Buildings management experience at a senior level
- Health & Safety management and legislation knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write concise reports
- Budget Management
- Attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- IT literate incl. Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Problem Solving
- A degree level qualification in facilities management
- IOSH qualification
- Hospitality services
- People Management
- Training delivery
- Specifying works and tendering process
If this role is of interest, please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to discuss further or to apply.