Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a design and event company, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of their Head Quarters. This is an exciting opportunity and a brand-new position within the company.
The facility encompasses 3 warehouses, 3 office spaces and a yard totalling around 45,000 sq ft. You will be joining our client to ensure that their space meets all the necessary health and safety standards and legal requirements, alongside taking in hand the suppliers and contract management.
- Ensure the building, facilities and office equipment are maintained to a high standard, delivering a high-quality staff and visitor experience
- The first point of contact for resolving facilities issues
- Produce and implement a planned / routine maintenance schedule
- Maintain, develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures which ensure compliance with Building Regulations, Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Co-ordinate building inductions
- Liaise with the landlord on building issues relating to the lease.
- Ensure that planned and remedial maintenance works are carried out promptly with no or minimal disruption to business activities
- Ensure that security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to at all times
- Seek competitive tenders for any works, supplies and services needed.
- Monitoring works conducted/service provided by suppliers, measuring and reporting performance against agreed SLA’s where applicable
- Review works risk assessments and method statements ensuring compliance and business needs are met.
- Undertake regular building inspections, complete reports and initiate/progress any required works
- Lead and promote facilities related environmental/sustainability initiatives
- Prepare, monitor and reconcile the Facilities budget
- Act as principle contact for out-of-hours assistance regarding the facility, including supervision of out-of-hours building maintenance and responding to emergency situations or other urgent issues where necessary.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years facilities management experience
- You have the ability to work under your own initiative to get issues rectified
- You are able to demonstrate savings made through negotiating contracts in previous, similar roles
- You have demonstrable H&S experience and training (NEBOSH)
- You possess at least a basic knowledge of building systems
- You are able to work out-of-hours where necessar
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.