Facilities and OHSE ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are pleased to present a new opening within a world leading entertainment company offering world-class digital and physical media services. The company’s network consists of service offices, optical media production, distribution and digital facilities worldwide.
The Facilities and OHSE Manager will be responsible for ensuring that optimum efficiency and safety is achieved by overseeing and managing all site services related issues. You will provide a comprehensive service ensuring the delivery of all facilities and contract services.
Key Tasks and Objectives
- To manage the day-to-day effectiveness of the warehouse, including all soft and hard services, IT Support, Security and Catering, monitoring performance and implementing improvements to the services when required.
- Oversee and monitor the day to day site service, all statutory inspections and periodic maintenance e.g. heating systems, air conditioning, drainage, general building repairs, electrical repairs, CCTV, fire alarm systems and all site services contracts
- To manage, monitor and review, re-tendering, appointment and delivery of all service and supply contracts supporting the facilities function against service level agreement and contract terms
- Assist in the development of the annual budget for Facilities & Engineering, ensuring best value is maximised, whilst the on-going maintenance needs of the development are managed effectively
- Ensure all small or large works projects are implemented and delivered on schedule
- To ensure compliance at all times and that the company adheres to legal standards and internal policies and procedures
- To lead all audits as per schedule in relation to all aspects of Facilities, such as Insurance, Security, legal, OHSE etc
- To develop quality systems and initiatives to enhance the site in the provision of a first rate facilities service
- To maintain effective professional relationships with key stakeholders within the organisation, our contractors and suppliers
- Contribute as a key member of the Senior Management Team, making recommendations to the benefit of the operation
Occupational Health & Safety and Environment (OHSE):
- To ensure and maintain effective legal compliance within all OHSE legislation and ensuring ISO14001 compliance.
- To support and review all OHSE objectives and implementing of policies and procedures to ensure they are observed and corporate targets are met
- Work within all risk management parameters to ensure safe and smooth operation in all areas
- To ensure that any recommendations are communicated and implemented, to promote the safeguarding and welfare of all staff, contractors and visitors.
- To manage all contractors working on site, ensuring that all are compliant with legislation and ensure that the relevant RAMS have been provided, reviewed for suitability and Permits to Work are in place and where required
- Other additional duties as required by management
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company
Qualification and Experience:
- Formal qualifications gained in Facilities Management, BIFM etc.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate and NEBOSH Fire Certificate would be an advantage Proven experience in the Facilities Management / Building Services industry
- Experience including buildings, maintenance and utilisation
- Prior experience in effective budget management
- Project planning and control
- Experience of supporting Health & Safety and environmental initiatives Skills
- A proven self starter with evidence of effective leadership in an office environment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate high levels of job performance
- Ability to promote the company in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent planning/organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Diligent, self-motivated, focused and reliable
- The ability to continuously prioritise own workload and meet the business needs
- Maintain knowledge of legislation and compliance requirement
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a senior position, able to demonstrate a management focus and leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding of building principles
- Knowledge of contractors and their methods
- CDM regulations knowledge / experience in the management of contractors
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite Health & Safety Competencies
- Co-operate with the company in order to achieve its legal obligations. Lead by example to other permanent and temporary staff, demonstrating that the health and safety of the staff is of paramount importance.
- Assist with risk assessment/task design/ and preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures advised.
- Stopping any unsafe act immediately or putting right any unsafe situation maintaining a safe and tidy place of work.
Business Focus: Understands how own role links to other areas and the implications of actions for other parts of the business. Recognises and uses the organisation’s decision making processes. Aligns one’s own behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the business.
Cost and Profit Management: Considers costs and evaluates implications of activities
Influence, negotiation and impact: Presents own position confidently using logical argument to convince/persuade others and presenting information in a way they will understand and find most satisfactory. Takes a partnership approach aiming for a win-win outcome
Communication: Shares and receives information in a polite and friendly manner. Communicates clearly, concisely and presents information professionally
Building Relationships: Builds networks and relationships across the organisation and externally. Maintains and develops meaningful and reciprocal relationships
Initiative: Pre-empts problems, captures opportunities and takes initiative. Takes ownership for responsibilities, including actions and outcome. Proactive and quick to learn.
Planning and Organisation: Establishes priorities and develops clear, efficient and logical approaches to meet set deadlines and to achieve goals.
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.