Facilities & Maintenance EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are pleased to present a new opening within a world leading entertainment company offering world-class digital and physical media services. The company’s network consists of service offices, optical media production, distribution and digital facilities worldwide
Our client are now looking for a Facilities & Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a Fixed Term Contract up until March 2019. This role is to carry out routine planned preventative maintenance schedules, fault diagnosis and rectification on all company equipment, ensuring optimum efficiency, product quality and safety is achieved.
- To maintain Preventative & reactive maintenance along with engineering maintenance & breakdown services for Packing, Distribution and all site equipment in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Carry out Mechanical and Electrical work as and when required.
- Diagnose and rectify breakdown faults in order to maintain an effective and efficient maintenance service
- Maintaining stock levels of essential spare parts and raising requisitions for replacements.
- To use the ‘Shire’ Frontline Maintenance and Stock control computer systems for maintenance recording and spares requirements.
- Improve line efficiencies and production yield by the design and implementation of technical improvements
- To advise operations on technical matters as and when required, assisting with training where appropriate.
- Co-operate with the company in order to achieve its legal obligations. Lead by example to other permanent and temporary staff, demonstrating that the health and safety of the staff are of paramount importance.
- Assist with Risk Assessment / Task Design and preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures.
- Co-operate with the company in order to achieve its legal obligations. Lead by example to other permanent and temporary staff, showing that the health and safety of the staff are important.
- Assist with risk assessment/task design/ and preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures advised.
- Stopping any unsafe act immediately or putting right any unsafe situation (e.g., reporting faulty equipment, wiping up spills), maintaining a safe and tidy place of work. Monitor/maintain and create purchase order requisitions as required to be signed off by the FM and liaise with Finance with any queries
- Other additional duties as required by management.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hardworking, focused and not afraid to put in extra hours if required
- A polite, courteous and professional manner
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The drive to work pro-actively independently and as part of a team
- Communication style that allows positive and open dialogue with contractors and employees The ability to multi-task effectively
- High level of organisation, with the ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- Is able to continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and maintains a sense of pace and urgency so that actions and initiatives are implemented
- Commercially aware and knowledgeable in industry standards, with clear understanding of the ‘internal customer’. Creates and sustains mutually beneficial relationships enabling the business to gain maximum value. Develops excellent understanding of individual needs, concerns and demonstrates the added value of the service provided
- Electrical qualification 17th edition wiring regulations.
- Time served Mechanical or Electrical Engineer. Ideally Multi-Skilled with at least 2 years’ experience.
- City & Guilds Electro-Mechanical qualification or equivalent. ONC preferred.
- The ability to work on mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems. Broad based engineering skills. Computer literate with PLC experience.
- Fault finding and maintenance experience of packing equipment, shrink-wrap equipment, overwrappers and label applicators.
- Logical, methodical with good attention to detail.
- Has a proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Planning and Organising skills
- Ability to initiate, develop and implement change effectively
- Commitment to self-development
- Ideally experience in distribution or manufacturing centre
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.