Temporary Facilities OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our client a Primary School in Chelsea are looking for a temporary Facilities Officer to work on an ongoing temporary basis to fulfil the duties and role detailed below.
A brief outline of tasks the Facilities Officer will be required to undertake;
- Championing health and safety around the school, and supervising external contractors
- Maintaining premises and facilities and specific Health and Safety related records under the direction of The Business & Operations Manager and Project/Facilities Manager
- Setting up and packing away furniture for performances, assemblies and meetings
- Carrying out basic repairs and works to internal fixtures, fittings, furniture and non-electrical equipment against an agreed maintenance procedure as well as minor plumbing repairs including unblocking sinks and toilets
- Carrying out periodic maintenance to internal fixtures, fittings, furniture and non-electrical equipment against agreed maintenance procedures
- Carrying out regular litter patrols to keep premises and grounds areas tidy, swept and free of leaf, litter and snow/ice accumulation, ensuring that external rubbish bins are emptied regularly
- Keeping check of, delivering and distributing stores and supplies in a proactive manor
- Watering plants and basic grounds maintenance
- Managing access to the premises and maintaining security – key holding/site unlocking and locking down
- Cleaning or supervising cleaning
- Planning site use and development
- Support the aims and ethos of the School, setting a good example in terms of dress, behaviour, punctuality and attendance
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and FM practice
- Up to date DBS certified is required.
- Basic Health and Safety training at a minimum
- Proactive ‘can do’ management style
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to adapt to changing and conflicting demands
- Calm, professional manner, ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work both to a timetable and independently in a proactive manner, with the ability to manage own time to ensure activities are completed within agreed time frames
- Basic Handyman skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Be reasonably fit to cope with the lifting and carrying involved with the above
Our client is looking for this role to work split shift across the following hours each day:
- 07am – 11am
- 30pm – 5pm
(Split shift) – 7h and 30m per day.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com.