Facilities Manager (Administration) – Media Company – (1 Year FTC) – Ref 681Back to Vacancies List
The essential role of the jobholder is to assist the Head of Facilities in the provision of facilities services. To provide a first line facilities service and work with service providers to ensure the provision of a safe and healthy environment that meets all corporate standards at optimum cost.
- To manage motivate and develop the mailroom team– a team of 4 full time Facilities Assistants in order to ensure we provide a first class service to staff at the site.
- To manage the intranet and its contents
- To manage Health and Safety; manage actions arising; arrange training for First Aiders and Fire Marshals; hold quarterly Fire Marshal meetings and manage 2 fire drills per annum; and undertake 3 building H&S inductions per month for new starters. Manage the site defibrillator and deliver annual training of first aiders in this regard.
- To create and manage the purchase orders for in relation to contracts and procurement. Liaise with Finance and suppliers as appropriate to ensure payments are made to suppliers. Arrange recharges to brands as appropriate.
- To liaise with catering contractor re: their monthly invoice re: hospitality and arrange recharge (via Finance) to the different sub companies. Liaise with IT and H&J and Front of House so that eventually all hospitality can be ordered using this system.
- To develop and maintain facilities management procedures as appropriate.
- Uphold internal standards and ensure corporate responsibilities are met with regard to safety, health and environmental legislation and agreed operating practices.
- Undertake standard DSE Assessments as required and arrange for an external consultant to undertake non-standard DSE Assessments as required (pregnant staff, staff with specific health issues ie post operative.
- Act as a First Aider and or Fire Marshal as required (appropriate training will be given if required).
- Assist where required in the production of performance and operating results.
- Work proactively to ensure that the requisite standards for all contracts procured in the management and delivery of facilities products and services, are delivered to an appropriate standard that meets business expectation.
Experience of coordinating a range of facilities services and providing high quality customer services are all essential. The post holder should also have excellent communication skills, administration and IT skills, an enthusiasm for working with people, and a flexible approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Prioritisation, both individually and behalf of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and utilise resources effectively
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, suppliers and subordinates
- Excellent written communication skills, with well-structured reports, presentations and general correspondence
- Ability to give and receive clear formal instructions
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Responds constructively in times of conflict
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach in the management of third parties
- The ability to put team and objectives before personal objectives and other considerations.
- Supports and trains individuals and the team to maximise competencies and achieve objectives
- Ability to build excellent relationships, internally and externally
- Regularly reviews and meets / exceeds service levels and standards of quality within a client environment
- Adopts a sense of urgency and professionalism within the environment
- Displays energy and effort in the achievement of objectives
- Seeks to continually improve performance, both individually and as part of a team
- Open to new ideas, approaches and is not adverse to change
- Constantly displays initiative in the delivery of objectives and targets
- Has the ability to develop strong relationships with service providers and seeks a concept of continuous improvement.
- Understands the requirements of and is able to translate these into clear, concise service specifications and procurement documentation