Assistant Area Facilities Manager (AFM) – Fixed Term Contract (6 month initially)Back to Vacancies List
This role is working for one of the worlds leading real estate management companies. The AFM supports the RFM in management of the 3rd party vendors, both hard and soft, on a large industrial site. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. The AFM is also responsible for the raising of PO’s and updates on the CMMS/CAFM system. You must speak both German and English for this role.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices throughout the 3rd party vendor supply chain
- Drive performance as measured by client’s Key Performance Indicators
- Establish relationships with client Site Leads, business partners such as EHS leads and FM clientele to establish trust and credibility in the delivery of IFM services
- Resolve vendor issues on site, escalating when needed
- Initiate purchase order requests for goods and services for the site
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
- Administer training to ensure compliance, readiness and competency of staff
- Drive and promote safety culture within portfolio amongst subcontractors, suppliers and visitors
- Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Act as point of contact with site occupants, property management/ Landlords to coordinate outsourced vendor activities and ensure client needs are met
- Develop a strong collaborative team-based environment.
- Ensure compliance with the client’s minimum operational audit and safety standards
- Import best practices in the interest of exceeding client goals and expectations
- Collaborate with account Sourcing team on national and regional sourcing opportunities to define scope, coordinate supplier walk-through, and manage regional supplier performance at property level.
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with site Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations.
- Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with performance.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Support the FM facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Own the organizing and maintaining of purchase orders, work requests and associated files
- Match completed work orders to invoices for accounts payable
- Update the Facilities budget tracker
- Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Possibly function as floor support for absenteeism and vacation support
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization on site
- Previous experience as a Facilities Manager with supplier management, problem solving, and client/ customer relations experience
- Experience required using CMMS systems (EAM)
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Office
- Strong organizational skills
This is a highly diverse and responsible role in Dortmund, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay on 0207 118 4848