Interim Hard Services Lead (6 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
We are looking for an experienced Hard Services Lead to lead the site’s facilities team: someone who can drive change and improvement, enabling every person to achieve more through the delivery of safe and efficient workplace environments and services, fostering collaboration, inspiration and productivity.
This role will be part of the Services Team that supports the Business Units directly by managing Facilities, procurement of supporting services (i.e. sub-contract activities service contracts) and site Health, Safety and Environmental support.
The person we are looking for is a flexible person who can easily move between responding to daily issues and longer-term planning for the facilities at the site. Someone who can manage the assurance of highly hazardous and regulated activities, whilst also empowering their team to deliver safety and efficiency improvements.
- Management of the “Hard FM” team and sub-contractors ensuring all facility assets are identified, managed and under configuration control, undertaking the necessary Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance of HV (11kV) and LV networks, HVAC, piping and buildings
- Management of the Projects delivery team that supports the businesses in delivery of infrastructure upgrades, changes to production/office areas ensuring compliance with statutory regulations (i.e. CDM regulations) and the application of Lifecycle Management techniques to review with key stakeholders
- Management of “Soft FM” activities within the Facilities team to provide management of sub-contracted services such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, catering, security, waste management
- Ensure that complies with all relevant statutory regulations, policies and controls, notably allocated items on the Legal Register such as Electrical Safety, LOLER, Legionella, Gas Safety, PSSR, EA Permitting and Waste (Hazardous and General) etc.
- Plan and undertake plant shutdowns to minimise the impact to the site’s business
- Management of the incident response/call-out team to address infrastructure/equipment issues to maintain services for production activities
- Drive culture, values and behaviour consistent with building an “exceptional” team. Identify and execute best practices within the business to support the continuous development of global knowledge base
- Ensure the operational safety of the Facilities team and those impacted by their activities
- Sub-contractor management to ensure all parties operate in a compliant HS&E manner and in line with the rules and regulations
- Management of the Maintenance team requires someone with experience running a “Hard FM” team to maintain buildings and plant infrastructure containing HV/LV networks (to 11 kV), pressurised gas systems (including nitrogen and hydrogen), HVAC, building control systems, building fabric and chemical waste management plant – successfully managing skilled draftspersons, team leaders, engineers and project managers
- Management of the Project Engineers responsible for defining scopes of work requires experience of project control and contractor control, experience working to CDM (2015), Fire Regulations and Building Regulation
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills with ability to select and manage sub-contractors for installations, buildings work and Soft FM activities such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, catering, waste management
- Ability to define processes that ensure compliance with relevant statutory regulations (needs working knowledge of electrical, PSSR, gas safety, COSHH, fire safety, contractor control, CDM, environmental permits)
- Experience managing £multi-million maintenance budgets (mixed internal/sub-contract environment)
- Degree/HND/HNC in Engineering, Construction/Project Management or relevant experience
- 5-10 years of experience in managing real estate and facilities functions in a process/production facility, e.g. manufacturing/oil/gas/petrochemical processing experience would be appropriate
- Managed a highly vendor leveraged organisation
- Demonstrated ability to rationalise direct versus vendor roles and drive efficient management process to ensure vendor performance
Send your CV to email@example.com or click ‘apply now’