Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a commercial development company, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team.
To assist Investment Managers (surveyors), and Regional Facilities Manager in the efficient management of multiple variable delegated Portfolio of Properties.
To be responsible for the implementation of agreed best practice, within your managed properties, either by yourself or your site team in the following areas: accounting practice, information/communications, procurement, operations (including contracts and ad-hoc/planned works), statutory, customer focus and human resources (training and development) ensuring:
- Standard systems and procedures
- standard documents and templates
- Consistent high standards of service delivery (and their measurement)
- To provide ad hoc advice and guidance, in connection with those facilities management instruction in the portfolio that you are responsible for.
- To provide a locum or ‘Buddy’ service in the absence of other Facilities Managers, in co-ordination with your other Facilities Managers & the Helpdesk.
- To assist in the implementation and oversee policies and procedures relating to their inter-reaction with the surveying team.
- Any other associated duties as required.
- To continually develop your Facilities Management & on site Property team personnel (including influencing suppliers staff where it is strategically appropriate). To identify training needs as appropriate. To keep and manage your own and any team members training matrix up to date concerning all staff under your control, in conjunction with the Policy.
- To act as mentor, where required, to designated staff (i.e. those who require coaching and day to day guidance) and be responsible for their continuing development, if applicable and with training from HR approved sources.
- To have input and keep up to date the facilities team emergency and out of hours cover for those premises under your management, in conjunction with the24/7 helpdesk and database as central contact point, whilst ensuring all relevant team members are aware of their absolute requirement to be available out of hours, should emergency escalation be required.
- To be responsible for ensuring those staff under your management are trained in legislative Best Practice and standards initiatives, in conjunction with training programmes.
- To provide input into performance assessment exercises, as required both of yourself and for any staff under your management / supervision.
- To review, control (manage) and approve expenses and holiday requests prior to sending to your Regional FM for yourself and all staff under your control. To ensure all expenses & holiday requests are dealt with according to company policy.
- To implement and ensure you are following Quality Assurance and specifically meeting your job specification requirements, following
- procedures and meeting statutory requirements.
- MIOSH qualified ideal
- Minimum 10 years in a similar Facilities role
- Preferably from a Property Management Consultancy background.
- Member of British Institute of Facilities Management
- Multi Site Building Management experience expected
- Excellent demonstrable customer service
- Excellent general knowledge of FM – Administration / Building Fabric / Mechanical & Electrical services / Health & Safety / Finance / Disaster management
- Excellent IT system skills
- Financial Management / Excel / Word / PowerPoint, with additional knowledge in software such as AutoCAD / CAFM highly useful.
Demand for this role is going to be high and the client wishes the role to be filled without delay. Interviews will be held from the first week after the New Year.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.