Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading college in their field, are now looking to recruit a Facilities Coordinator to join their team on a 3 month fixed term contract.
To assist in the day to day running of the College’s facilities, ensuring that all functions are carried out courteously, efficiently and effectively.
- Maintenance and Repairs – Monitor and record planned maintenance programmes and work in consultation with the Head of Facilities and the other Facilities Co-Ordinator. Record and organize reactive work i.e. emergency work and planned decorations and repairs. Liaise with contractors on site. Respond to maintenance requests from the 4th floor tenants. Record and monitor contractor work on 4th floor.
- Health and Safety – Undertake daily, weekly and monthly audits of the premises to ensure fire exits and pathways are clear, lights are functioning, doors maintained and the Fire Log Book is completed. Monitor and record regular H&S checks and report any problems to the Head of Facilities. Review risk assessments and check controls are in place and effective. Organize fire warden training in liaison with HR. Induction of new staff – fire procedures, walk through fire routes.
- Security – Responsible for CCTV monitoring, access control card recording and reader activation and maintenance, keyholding and security services.
- Stationery and Print – receive and process stationery orders, maintain stock levels and replenish stationery cupboards. Order Print items from external print company i.e. Letterhead, business cards.
- Merchandise – Order and maintain stock, process orders, and pack items for events.
- Ensure that all facilities-related tasks e.g. Health and Safety, recycled paper collection, checking of lamps etc. are timetabled and carried out on a regular basis.
- Undertake regular audits of the premises in consultation with the Head of Facilities and other facilities staff ensuring fire exits and pathways are clear, lights are functioning (including monthly Emergency Lighting test); paper products are in stock, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors. Record and process job worksheets.
- Maintain stocks of facilities equipment and re-order as and when necessary via telephone or email.
- Provide lunch time or other cover for reception, as required.
- Provide cover to the Travel Co-Ordinator, as required.
- Provide support to the Facilities Assistant with postal and reprographic work
- Assist with large mailings, as required.
- Prepare meeting rooms to the required standard and on time. Undertake small office moves when required. Safely move furniture and other large or heavy objects, including crates and deliveries, using equipment
- IOSH or similar qualification or relevant Health and Safety experience
- Experience of working in a Facilities support role
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Proven experience of basic maintenance skills
- Strong customer focus, taking personal responsibility and ownership for the achievement of tasks
- Ability to act on own initiative, within specified guidelines
- A hands-on proactive response to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and keyboard skills
- Ability to work at the weekend or out of hours as required
- Ability to assist with manual tasks, event set up and office moves
Please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered.