Compliance OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by our client to recruit a Compliance officer to co-ordinate the management and performance of key compliance activities, across their estate.
- Take a lead role liaising closely with internal colleagues in Property & FM checking and auditing compliance of leased, managed and owned properties. To ensure they comply with all legislation i.e. Legionella, Electrical safety, fire safety management, Asbestos management, Scaffolding, Gas safety, workplace regulations, Energy and Environmental.
- Owning and maintaining the compliance management software package an electronic compliance database that will be used by in-house staff, departments and contractors and consultants, ensuring that the system is up to date with correct data and compliance evidence.
- Co-ordination of asbestos management for the Estate; ensuring effective management of site registers, inspection programmes, planned removal and training/information requirements are met
- Review and auditing of legionella management requirement for the University’s Estate in conjunction with the contracted service provider; ensuring effective maintenance of site risk assessments, implementation and monitoring of control regimes and tracking of ongoing performance
- Be flexible and adaptable in all working practices to ensure the efficient management of Health and Safety and Fire Safety in buildings, frequently working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Co-ordination of the statutory inspection schedule, ensuring and supporting implementation to requirements; including monitoring of any follow-up/corrective actions through to delivery
- To devise, implement and review a compliance audit and inspection schedule.
- Provision of reports on compliance performance and escalation of issues or risks to appropriate levels in the Property and FM Department
- Analysis of Health & Safety audits and Risk Assessments ensuring compliance arrangements, performance and identifying and proposing areas for improvement
- To implement changes in work practice due to legislation, codes of practice, guidelines etc. and ensure awareness across the Property and FM Department
- To promote a safe culture by contributing to Health & Safety and Risk Management. Implement and manage Safe Systems of Work and Permits to Work
- To assist in supervising and monitoring contractors to ensure that specified standards are met
- To be competent in fire risk assessment
- To actively follow and promote the policies, including the Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote these wherever possible.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post
- Any other duties reasonably required of the postholder by the reporting manager.
- Understanding and experience of Asbestos and Legionella management requirements
- Understanding of key health & safety legislation
- Legionella: BS1 Role of the Responsible Person, plus either BS23 Water Systems or WHO 010 Control of Legionella within water systems.
- Asbestos: P407 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- Qualified to at least BTEC National in Engineering and/or Building Services
- Membership of a Professional Body such as BIFM supplemented with training across a range of general management and professional/technical related subjects
- Duty Holder – P407 Duty to Manage (Asbestos)
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
This role is paying a range between £35,000 – £45,000 + Package of Benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) and future opportunities.
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.