Estates ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading engineering construction company, are looking for an Estates Manager to join their rapidly expanding, cutting-edge team.
The main purpose of this role is the management and general upkeep of the fixed infrastructure, security, services and key assets register across the site; ensuring the site remains fit for purpose and operational, in support of maintaining efficient production processes. Review and recommend improvements to maximise efficiencies and reduce operational cost.
- To review, recommend and transform the current infrastructure, services, security and key assets (hereafter infrastructure) management frameworks, to ensure the frameworks are fit for purpose for current and future stakeholder needs and in line with the EFQM framework
- Manage construction/refurbishment, renovations and maintenance projects, including cleaning, waste disposal, security and parking requirements.
- Collaborate and support the Production Director to initially deliver robust baseline data regarding the infrastructure register to support planning and project requirements can be met on time, in full and to specification
- Work closely with Production Director and Master Planner to ensure infrastructure and key assets can meet current and future priorities to mitigate costs and project overruns.
- Liaise with the HSEQ Director to ensure all infrastructure activities are underpinned by HSEQ requirements, risk assessments and planned preventative maintenance programmes to reduce mean time between failures and to ensure safety and wellbeing of all stakeholders.
- Develop an infrastructure investment plan and programme that supports the business strategy and business plan.
- Manage the use of resources within budgeted constraints highlighting and escalating appropriate concerns and risks to the Production and HSEQ Directors accordingly
- You are accountable for Managing the Infrastructure Management Framework and asset register to ensure all physical and fixed assets are fit for purpose, safe and ready for use.
- You maximise efficient use of resources across multiple new build, repair and maintenance projects, balancing the needs of all project leaders; working in alignment to the STEM activity and the need for the yard to be able to efficiently respond customer priorities and loadings.
- Ensure, all infrastructure planning and maintenance activity is aligned to meet business requirements, STEM activity and the 5-year strategic plan.
- Development of infrastructure planning processes and evaluation framework, underpinned by statistical analysis as necessary; to assess activity and resource allocation with learnings for continuous improvement
- Managing any refurbishments, renovations and office moves to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings, site infrastructure, plant rooms, switch rooms etc, to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and as well as, all legal requirements.
- Gathering costs of maintenance and repair services from different contractors to underpin infrastructure strategy.
- Leading relocation to new offices within the site and external where necessary and to make decisions about leasing
- Inspecting facilities for repair and innovation requirements and; to ensure they meet safety requirements, e.g. risk assessments and keeping logs and schedules for audit purposes.
- Controlling the budget allocated and spent (with full audit trail) on facilities management, forecasting and making recommendations for current and future CAPEX expenditure. Accordingly, keep financial and non-financial records
- Contractual Negotiation and ongoing performance review for sub-contracted third parties, delivering services and activity to support infrastructure maintenance and upkeep.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including, engineers, maintenance, grounds and security
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as electrics, sewage, water and heating, are well-maintained and meet environmental, benchmarked best practice to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Ensuring all facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security requirements
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Securing site licences and insurance policies for the site and individual facilities, ensuring are successful
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions of your contract of employment with the Company.
- Review your job through performance process, at least annually, with the objective of achieving continuous improvement; attend training courses as necessary for business awareness and self-development.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, commercial, quality, policies, health & safety, employment and other internal/external requirements, to ensure that the business conforms to all applicable laws, guidelines, regulations and appropriate quality standards.
- Review quarterly employee performance and engagement, talent management and support annual organisation re-engineering and succession planning activity. Assist with the development and training of all personnel within area of responsibility.
- At all times, professionally promote good working relations within your own team and other departments to ensure a collaborative approach
- Ensures Accountability – Holding oneself and others accountable for meeting commitments
- Drives engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation achieve its objectives
- Drives results – Achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Builds effective teams – With strong-identity that applies their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Courage – Rising to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
- Optimises Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes for getting things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritising work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A good track record working at Infrastructure/Facilities Management level, working ideally within maritime, engineering or manufacturing with ability to demonstrate key results and continuous improvement
- Qualified to BSc/BA in facilities management, engineering, construction or similar qualification and/or you may also be a Chartered Production Planning Professional or member of a similar chartered institute to demonstrate up to date best practice
- Other qualifications/experience should include:
- Electrical or Mechanical maintenance
- Project management
- Ability to deliver infrastructure objectives and performance targets or milestones through self and through team/sub-contracted supply, extracting value from each
- Understands and applies infrastructure and site management theory, process and best practice
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agreed standards, systems, processes to meet internal and external client requirements.
- Ability to read some complex, technical, commercial and/or legal documentation within area of specialism to support your Director to anticipate and manage risk, reporting findings and making recommendations to key stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in root course problem solving with a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner; working with key stakeholders to implement and evaluate solutions
- Proven management skills to with an ability to influence and empower colleagues to work proactively, effectively and to engage with the business to meet its strategic aims –
- Commitment to promoting behaviours aligned to the Company’s visions, values and code of conduct
- Financial awareness and understanding as to how own decision-making impacts on operating results across all areas of the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of leading people, using a suite of communication styles and skills confidently, to tackle a variety of performance and other related issues
- A commitment to ensuring adherence to HR compliance, processes and policies
- Experienced in delivering an informed risk-taking culture and business continuity planning to increase shareholder value
- Good Operational & Commercial Awareness, Working Capital & Global Supply Chain, Fact-based General & Performance Management, Vision, Values & Strategy, etc
- A commitment to own continued professional development, self-reflection to create a “learning from what we do” culture
- Displays personal attributes which include tenacity, resilience, a positive disposition, a “can-do” attitude, assertiveness & a high degree of determination to succeed
- A willingness to undertake any other reasonable duties, not listed within these terms of reference in order to meet the needs of the business on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Basic understanding of the EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) excellence model and how to embed this into all areas of accountability
- Good PC Skills (Intermediate to advanced) with experience in all key Microsoft Office applications, (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Key Lean, Risk Change, Transformation and/or Project Management and delegation skills whilst maintaining authority and accountability
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com