Facilities Manager (Media Company)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a highly successful media company in London, are recruiting for a Facilities Manager to join their team.
The Facilities Manager has direct responsibility for the day-to-day running of Facilities at the Companies offices in London and North West England, with supervisory responsibility of the offices in Africa and Canada. The role will be based in our clients London head office and the Facilities Manager will be required to pro-actively manage and resolve all facilities issues, alongside managing the Front of House assistant.
This is a varied and challenging role that lies at the heart of a great workforce and the Facilities Manager is vitally important to ensuring that our employees have a safe and great place to work.
This role would suit current Facilities Managers looking to broaden their experience, working across a multi-site organisation that is open to innovative solutions and new methods of delivering services to our teams.
- Be the first point of contact for all facilities matters across
- Assist with preparation and management of operating and capital expenditure budgets, monitoring expenses and payments, generating and presenting regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
- Manage all property related issues for the client, including all insurances and contracts that relate to the properties
- Liaise with the Landlord agents regarding arrangements for all building matters, i.e. common parts, repairs, maintenance, security, works, and permissions
- Manage and supervise all contractors visiting the premises in a professional and courteous manner as well as project managing all building work, repairs and refurbishment
- Plan and implement the planned maintenance of all equipment
- Manage all floor plans and any required moves and changes within the business
- Ensure that all required Health and Safety policies, procedures and processes are documented and kept up to date
- Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of relevant elements of the Group BCP and Disaster Recovery Plan from an operational, accommodation and people aspect
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver and maintain a progressive office environment
- Handle all staff communications on FM related issues and initiatives
- Develop relevant processes and procedures to manage the Facilities provision in an effective and efficient manner
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections, complete daily scheduled checks of all office areas and be pro-active in the pursuit of workplace cleanliness and efficiency
- Performance manage, develop, train and ensure efficient utilisation of staff, including covering their roles where necessary
- Light maintenance duties and escalation of major office repairs
- Carry out any other duties that are considered the responsibility of the Facilities Department
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in Facilities Management, building services and maintenance and property management
- Working knowledge of office electrical and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Competent user of FM software tools and MS office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- First Aider and Fire Warden/Marshall trained
- Member of IWFM/BIFM
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Line managerial experience
This is a highly diverse and exciting role within a successful company, just south of the river in London. Maxwell Stephens are handling this role exclusively for this client, so please apply here without delay.
Send your CV to email@example.com