Commercial Analyst – IT & Facilities (12 Months FTC)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a professional services company, are now looking for a Commercial Analyst to manage all commercial aspects for the IT and Facilities department.
This role will cover Information Technology from a global remit and the Facilities department from a UK perspective. Responsible for providing effective Contract Management, Procurement, Administration Support, Budget Administration/Analysis, Asset Management and Supplier Management. Emphasis is placed on the practical application of the above in order to ensure the IT and Facilities departments run effectively and efficiently.
- Contract Management – Ensuring that all contracts that pass through the IT & Facilities departments have been reviewed, analysed, stored and maintained within our Sunrise database. Working closely with the subject matter expert (SME) for each contract to ensure that all aspects of the contract are performed and you have a good working knowledge of how the contract is running e.g service, issues, pricing, renewal etc. A consistent approach to all of these areas is expected.
- Procurement – Work closely with the subject matter expert (SME) to obtain best price/maintenance/delivery deal via comparable quotes from our approved list of suppliers. Once the quote for the desired equipment/supplies/services has been approved, this role will place the requisite orders, track delivery and manage the invoicing process.
- Asset Management – Managing the effective co-ordination of delivery/collection of goods and the tracking of equipment via our asset management process. This includes ensuring that 5% spare equipment of stock is maintained across all sites. Effective maintenance of the IT department’s software library to ensure strict control of software to safeguard compliance.
- Budget Administration/Analysis – Responsible for working with the Heads of IT and Facilities to ensure the managing and completion of the annual budgets for both departments. This involves managing monthly expenditure within the departments, meeting with Finance to go through allocation and report under/overspend on budgets to Heads of department. Keeping both departments updated on monthly spend via successful monitoring and tracking of costs.
- Supplier Management – Maintain effective relationships with all key suppliers and attend regular (monthly/quarterly) review meetings with suppliers and SME’s in order to ensure the company is meeting SLA/KPI requirements.
- Administration Support – Management of the following administrative areas:
- Filing of key documentation/general correspondence.
- Responsibility over maintaining overtime and TOIL within both departments.
- Arranging travel for team members within the IT & Facilities Departments.
- Diary Management: Arranging departmental & supplier meetings and assisting with the management of the IT Manager and IT Directors diaries on a day-to-day basis.
- Weekly Reporting to the IT Manager and Premises & Facilities Manager covering risks/issues, contract reviews, supplier issues, and process review. IT Director will attend on a monthly basis.
- Strong commercial & administrative experience in a professional services environment.
- Proven understanding and experience in contract management including managing high value contracts.
- Strong commercial experience in financial management, ideally within the IT department.
- Procurement experience with CIPS (Chartered institute of Procurement & Supply) and qualification in (advantageous):
- Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- AAT Accounting Qualification(s)
- Experience of supplier relationship management, tenders and procurement.
- Proven experience of working with the following would be extremely beneficial:
- Microsoft & general software licensing
- Hardware Asset Management
If you think you’re a good fit for this role, send your CV to email@example.com without hesitation.