Front of House ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned an exciting, dynamic global media company to recruit an exceptional Front of House Manager based in London.
The role has full responsibility for the Front of House, hospitality and client meeting room areas in the Head Office. Managing a highly skilled team ensuring the department is consistently delivering exceptional service with a focus on a seamless client journey within facilities.
- To lead by example consistently demonstrating what great service looks like whilst inspiring our Ambassadors and Team Leaders to strive to these standards.
- Create a robust process that ensures an environment where continuous growth and development is encouraged for Ambassadors and Team Leaders, keeping them inspired and motivated.
- Setting challenging yet achievable targets whilst coaching and mentoring them to ensure they all perform and achieve their targets.
- Future proofing the department by identifying and developing high performers as part of an effective succession planning structure.
Front of House services:
- Overseeing the Team Leaders in forward planning to ensure staffing and resources are adequate daily, mitigating risks.
- Working as a key part of a highly skilled Front of House team, supporting the business to ensure a smooth and efficient client journey from arrival, during their visit and through to their departure.
- To Manage multiple reception desks in our Head Office maintaining a pleasant and welcoming environment for all our visitors.
- To be accountable for the presentation of Front of House facilities and services, where necessary liaising with the internal Facilities and IT service departments to ensure our services are of a suitable standard and looking for improvements in how we work.
- Ensuring Front of House procedures, policies and systems are implemented and reviewed to ensure our visitors are safe and secure whilst being within our premises.
- Working with people to ensure meeting rooms and facilities are presentable and in working order for the client visit.
- They have extensive meeting room and front of house capability and the role is responsible for supporting the business in maximising the efficiency of these services.
- Working with people and clients to support the Hospitality delivery functions ensuring orders are placed in advance and proportionate to the numbers attending.
- Managing client visits and meeting room bookings to minimise client conflict is an important part of this role and the success of our business.
- Being the voice of our agencies, connecting client calls to the correct individuals in a professional and efficient manner, assisting with any enquiries whilst adhering to company policies.
Other service responsibilities:
- To be responsible for managing the switchboard service to the business ensuring internal SLA’s in call answering are met and exceeded.
- To be responsible for the Head Office meeting room booking system (Condeco) ensuring that the meeting room facilities are as efficient as possible.
- Manage all Guest Services projects within the office including updating the procedures manual and assisting the Facilities Manager with any wide projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our Physical Security and Catering suppliers, ensuring that SLA’s and KPI’s are met and maintained at an excellent level.
- Providing concierge services where necessary to our clients, visitors and our people with a focus on exceeding expectations.
- Supporting internal or external events being involved in the prep and implementation of exciting events within our offices.
- To support our people, our clients and the hospitality team around providing suitable and proportionate hospitality services for events.
- To act as an extension of the Central Facilities team ensuring policies and procedures are followed to provide a safe and secure working environment for our people and our visitors.
- To monitor the working environment and notify Facilities/IT of any issues that may arise in the UK Head Office and where necessary support them in resolution.
- To deliver monthly statistical data on room occupancy, no shows and unregistered visitors whilst presenting ideas on how to positively impact these figures.
- This is a non-exhaustive list.
- Work experience, likely former jobs
- A management background in front of house, reception, hospitality, concierge services from either a corporate background, hotel, high end retail or similar
- Experience in managing a team of 15 for a minimum of 2 years
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service
- Experience in managing budgets
Specific technical/professional skills & experience:
- Excellent administrative skills with close attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT skills and a good understanding of Outlook
- Experience working with switchboard services
- Experience working with room booking systems ideally Condeco
- Experience in performance management and dealing with HR related issues
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels of people across the business
- To work in a flexible manner in line with the needs of the business
- Self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality service delivery
- Proactive, takes responsibility, delegates, influences, consults and refers appropriately
- Able to multi task
- A natural forward planner who is highly organised and pays attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for working with people and a flexible approach to work is essential
- A GCSE or other equivalent professional qualification appropriate for the role.
- Specific technical/professional skills & experience
- Experience of managing multiple Reception/Front of House service desks across a business.
- Experience in developing business proposals
- Project management experience
- Work experience, likely former jobs
- Management experience working in the creative media or technology sector
- Previous experience in using Condeco or equivalent room booking systems to increase meeting room utilisation
- Experience working within as part of a wider Facilities team
- Experience of managing vendor contracts
- Previous experience of security access
If you think you’re a good fit for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org without hesitation.