Facilities Manager (Education Client)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading education establishment, are now looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to have the day-to-day responsibility for managing the organisation.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team to contribute to realising the vision and strategic goals
- To have overall management responsibility of the estates, building, IT, cleaning and catering services. This includes the development and effective operation of systems and services within these areas; and their compliance with national and local legislation, guidelines and requirements.
- To ensure that they comply with all relevant legislation in regard to its buildings and estate.
- To advise on compliance with relevant legislation and guidance including workplace and school buildings issues and health and safety.
- To ensure that within the resources at its disposal the company provides the most suitable environment for its pupils and staff.
- Providing professional leadership and management of academy support staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to raise standards and achievement
- To have delegated responsibility for all health and safety matters related to the sites.
- To promote the highest standards of business ethos and strategically ensuring the most effective use of resources in support of the learning objectives.
- In partnership with the Business Manager to lead on the risk management planning.
- To prepare, maintain and when necessary implement the Emergency Management Plan.
- With the Business Manager to have delegated responsibility for the insurance arrangements.
- To be responsible for security of the buildings and sites.
- To establish, oversee and ensure they carries out efficiently its planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- To establish, oversee the arrangements for providing its catering and cleaning services and the support and maintenance of its IT systems, ensuring that these services meet the standards set by the client and that in doing so value for money is achieved.
- To actively seek out and make efficiency savings and or reductions to the relevant running costs so that the greatest possible proportion of the budget can be devoted to pursuing its educational goals
- To be responsible for the s Lettings, including ensuring users are billed, that the purpose for which the lettings are agreed are consistent
- To be responsible for drawing up and implementing the accessibility plans.
- With the Facilities Manager to maintain a fixed asset register and system of inventory control.
- To manage, negotiate and monitor all contracts, leases, service level agreements, and relationships with external contractors.
- To ensure that, in relation to the procurement and management of contracts related to its buildings site and operation achieves value for money and satisfies all the requirements of its auditors and those who provide its funds.
- In consultation with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that the functions described here make their full contribution to ensuring that they can deliver high quality outcomes for its pupils.
- Establish and use effective methods to review and improve the functions described here systems
- To be the budget holder for those budgets relating to the functions described here.
- The postholder will, in carrying out all these functions, provide the line management of relevant team leaders or employees and/or will be responsible for the appropriate contract compliance procedures.
- A Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering/Building/Facilities Management
- Five years post qualification in the field of facilities management.
- Experience as a front-line manager of a team delivering Facilities Management services (essential)
- Experience as a middle manager, that is, of managing front line managers of teams delivering FM services (desirable)
- Secure knowledge of the law and statutory guidance relating to the buildings and premises of Academies and to the services it provides
- Knowledge of how schools operate and the implications for the management of their facilities
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.