Facilities SpecialistBack to Vacancies List
Our client, an expert in their field, are now recruiting a Facilities Specialist to coordinate the day-to-day facilities activities.
Select and monitor suppliers and contractors ensuring they are competent and best suited to the activity taking place.
Act as a first point of contact for external contractors regarding works and services to all areas of the site and buildings and be responsible for the compliance of the site ensuring that it meets all statutory compliance regulations and building standards.
- Daily site and building checks
- On-site catering contractor
- Building related contractors and suppliers; cleaners, maintenance etc.
- Waste disposal and recycling services
- Utilities with specific emphasis on cost and environmental issues
- Maintenance of warehouse equipment
Health and safety:
- Implementation of health and safety policy and procedures
- Ensure building services and equipment are health and safety compliant
- Conduct risk assessments in accordance with the Company Risk Assessment Policy
- Prepare and maintain up to date site documentation
- Maintain fire extinguishers and systems
- Coordination of site security; CCTV, alarms, staff and visitor logging, intruder detection, monitoring, key holding services
- Security of contractors
- Emergency call-out facility
- Key holder and emergency call-out duties including attendance on-site as required
- Liaise with and monitor on-site contractors including catering staff and cleaners
- Communicate appropriately at all levels including senior managers
- Ensure effective processes and systems are in place for the smooth running of the building and facilities including contingency planning
- Provide facilities support for building related projects
- Proven experience of a similar role and responsibilities ideally including a warehousing, logistics
- Excellent communication skills, including third party negotiation ensuring the best service and value
- People management experience, including the quality control of third party suppliers
- Strong organisation skills
- Knowledge of legal, statutory, regulations and a background understanding of building services
- Excellent proven health and safety knowledge supported by NEBOSH and/or IOSH qualifications
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours
- Support the team ethos of the Company
- Strong customer orientation
- Good IT skills, including MS Office and up to date knowledge of systems driven services such as telephony and security applications
If this role is of interest, please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further or to apply.