Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
This is a hands-on role and requires good working knowledge of Facilities Maintenance and Building Operations, providing support in managing the day to day operations of their buildings and facilities.
There are several offices across the UK within the portfolio.
- In consultation with the Facilities Manager, liaise with external contractors / landlord for building maintenance, repair and service and be the first point of contact.
- Visit other offices regularly to ensure building maintenance and repairs are kept up to date and in good working order and all associated records and certifications are also maintained.
- Manage the remaining company car fleet (12 no. vehicles), which will reduce further within the next 6 months.
- Logging and reporting technical/mechanical faults and organising repair at the relevant offices.
- Routine fire tests, health and safety checks, VDU and risk assessments and ensuring these are carried out by nominated persons where required in other offices.
- New joiner health and safety inductions
- Manage office contracts for service and maintenance, including tendering for same.
- Support the Facilities Manager as and when required, with lease renewals, negotiations with agents/landlord, office dilaps and refurbishments.
- Working closely with the IT department for office moves and internal restructures.
- Ensuring office plans are kept updated following moves or fit out works.
- Organising office porterage as required and assisting in office and furniture moves, organising removals etc.
Shared responsibilities (Reception):
- Reception cover is required as part of this role between 08:30 and 09:00 daily. Will also be part of a rota for lunchtime cover and cover during periods of Receptionist sickness/holiday.
- Assistance in liaising with security and co-ordinating parking availability, security passes, visitors etc when Reception is busy.
- Incoming/outgoing post, couriers, deliveries etc shared responsibility with Receptionist/ Facilities Assistant as and when required.
Previous experience of property/facilities management of at least three years in a professional services environment.
Understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation, principles and best practice
Experience in budget management, ability to think creatively to make savings as required
Good interpersonal skills
Good oral and written communication skills with a decisive and diplomatic approach
Ability to multi task and prioritise your workload
A pro-active and enthusiastic team player
Ability to work independently and take on responsibility as we expand
Attention to detail
Flexible, reliable, well organised and conscientious
Competent in use of Microsoft Office suite
It is a requirement of the role that the job holder holds a valid UK or EU Driving licence and are prepared to drive a company vehicle or hire vehicle if required.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘apply now’ below.