Facilities and Health & Safety Coordinator (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
- Service the Health and Safety Committee arranging meetings, collating and preparing agendas, recording and distributing minutes.
- To ensure the site has an effective operating model for Fire Evacuation.
- Undertake the duties of the Senior Fire Evacuation Marshall, Departmental Safety Officer, First Aider and Display Screen Equipment assessor.
- Coordinate the appointment of Fire Evacuation Marshals and liaise with fire safety to ensure that fire safety training, risk assessments and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans are undertaken, recorded, reviewed on a regular basis and updated accordingly.
- Line management of the Facilities and Health and Safety Officer.
- Manage and record health and safety inductions and refresher training for new and existing staff.
- To liaise with Security to ensure the estate has effective arrangements for security including guarding, patrols and electronic access control systems.
- To liaise with Facilities and workplace services to ensure delivery of Service Level Agreements related to cleaning, waste and recycling management.
- To liaise with Estates Maintenance and Infrastructure teams ensuring the delivery of mechanical and electrical systems and services.
- To liaise with Information Services Department ensuring IT infrastructure requirements are appropriate.
- To liaise with Academic departments to manage their accommodation requirements and support the coordination and management of small works projects to refurbish and refresh academic office accommodation where required.
- Appropriate professional qualification and membership of relevant professional body (eg NEBOSH/IOSH/IWFM).
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Practical experience and relevant technical knowledge of working in a professional facilities management environment, including the management of operations using contractors and directly employed staff.
- Experience in the use of a range of FM related IT systems and software
- Experience of liaising directly with complex teams comprising directly employed and outsourced consultants and operatives
- Project Management Experience
To apply, please send your CV to maxwellstephens.com or click ‘apply now’ below