Maintenance OperatorBack to Vacancies List
- To identify and diagnose faults and to carry out repairs, adjustments and other maintenance works as appropriate.
- To carry out the required routine servicing, repair or adjustment of plant or machinery in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule as tasked by the Building Control Co-ordinator.
- To adopt a flexible approach in respect of other skills or trades to ensure the most cost effective completion of all tasks.
- To undertake other skills tasks in which competence has been demonstrated.
- To monitor plant as tasked and to record data using the supplied documentation
- To achieve the highest possible standard of plant equipment efficiency by ensuring that each task is carried out in accordance with the set requirements and instructions.
- To assist in ensuring that all working areas are kept clean and tidy and all refuse and waste materials are removed as appropriate.
- To be thoroughly familiar and comply with the Company’s ‘’Health and Safety’’ policy and procedures and to immediately report any hazards or infringements to either the Building Services Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
- To action and complete time/task sheets on a daily basis in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Building Services Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
• To have an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
• You are required to be tidy and presentable at all times.
• Must be able to work as a team member and to communicate effectively at all levels.
• You must be customer focused and diplomatic in your approach.
• Be able to make decisions to the benefit of the business.
• Although full training will be given and all safety equipment supplied, it may be essential that you’re able to work at heights outdoors.
• You must have an appreciation of the important of customer service.
- Full time apprenticeship in an electrical or Building Services HVAC discipline complete with City & Guilds 236 part 1 & 2 certification. Mechanical apprenticeship would be acceptable with relevant electrical experience.
- Previous experience working in a modern building services maintenance environment, and able to demonstrate basic understanding of HVAC and building services.
- It would be highly desirable for the candidate to have completed the requirements for Electrical Installation (BS7671:2008) IEE Wiring Regulations 17th edition through an approved course.