Facilities Manager (Charity) – Immediate Start RequiredBack to Vacancies List
The post offers an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role in the development and implementation of a 2020 strategy as well as benefiting from the opportunities afforded by working for this organisation.
This post requires an immediate start.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day oversight of local maintenance and facilities operations across a multi-site portfolio; give instructions to staff and contractors and monitor progress, standards, costs, etc.
- Liaise closely with departments; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time, and within budget.
- Liaise /to plan and co-ordinate maintenance and facilities work on site to minimise disruption and inconvenience to all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Oversight for the issuing or revision of work instructions via work/purchase orders
- Network and liaise within the charity and externally to keep abreast of developments, legislation, new technology etc.
- Authorise/initiate the purchasing of equipment, materials, consumables, etc. within delegated limits; authorise the payment of invoices; manage delegated budgets.
- Deal with day-to-day staffing issues as required and in liaison with the relevant line manager and HR Division.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work as customer to establish resource needs, priorities, working methods and customer sign off of completed works.
- Arrange/carry out and record routine testing and other planned maintenance and inspection procedures of departmental equipment.
- Day to day monitoring and supervision of contractors’ performance on site; contribute as customer to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs, etc.
- Monitor service contracts including alarm systems, access systems, lifts, etc. as necessary
- Attend and contribute to meetings, presenting information as required.
- Promote and demonstrate a personal commitment to behaviours
- To undertake relevant training to keep informed of current issues, policies, procedures and legislation.
- To manage and develop a team of staff in accordance with relevant legislation and policies.
- To identify estates staff development requirements across the Institute and provide training and/or advice.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire, Health and Safety Regulations.
- Adopt and promote awareness of the Environmental Sustainability Policy and other initiatives.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- A relevant professional qualification (Building/Engineering Maintenance, Facilities Management, etc.)
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Evidence of continued personal development
- Excellent IT literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Practical knowledge, understanding and application of relevant Health & Safety legislation in the UK
- Conversant with developments in sustainability and environmental issues, including energy conservation
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.