Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a property company, are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join their team.
- Use the building checklist to carry out daily building inspections to include Plant Rooms, Toilets, Shower Rooms, Offices, Lifts, Car Parks, Kitchens, Fire Systems, etc. to ensure everything is in working order. Be particularly vigilant for red lights, electrics not working, light bulbs that need replacing/leaking pipes/taps. Where issues arise note and log with Facilities mailbox on the same day to ensure team are aware.
- Act as a first point of contact for employees and Directors relating to all facilities issues.
- Help manage and order stationary and all other Office supplies/food/consumables.
- Assist in daily management of the access control system.
- Review the CCTV cameras and system for the Building. Scrutinize playback feature to pick up any unusual activities that may have occurred on site during the night. Ensure that the system is used in accordance with the CCTV policy.
- Access the Facilities group mailbox, action issues where appropriate. Update and report back on Monthly log, chasing up outstanding issues when required.
- Cover reception area in morning and afternoon to allow receptionists tea breaks.
- Escalate all urgent matters to the Facilities Manager.
- Always ensure your own and others health and safety by following company procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring weekly fire alarm bell/call point and panel tests are conducted and maintain the log, reporting any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Provide cover, when required, for arranging outgoing post.
- Work with the Facilities Assistant when required and also provide cover for them during bouts of absence.
- Filing all building paperwork/certification and statutory paperwork in a timely manner and maintain accurate records and in accordance with good working practice and GDPR.
- Attend a weekly team meeting with facilities team to discuss projects and issues.
- Read all required Utilities meters on the last day of each month and forward to relevant person.
- Undertake monthly emergency lighting flick tests, maintaining the log and reporting any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Meet with the Area Cleaning Manager to examine KPI’s and discuss any resulting issues.
- Manage contractors when on site, ensuring that any necessary paperwork/permits have been checked and in place before allowing works to commence.
- Assist the Facilities Manager on major projects, deputising when required.
- Act as a Deputy / take lead role on building related issues in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- To vet and then regularly monitor contractors’ performance
- Assist Reception with issuing car park permits in accordance with policy.
- Review and authorise invoices within set authority limits.
- To monitor and manage diary system for all statutory tests/ risk assessments/contracts.
- To ensure that the company complies with Health and Safety legislation by carrying out basic tasks such as inductions, workstation assessments as requested.
- Act as a responsible member of the Facilities team, providing input for meetings, suggesting strategic plans and using initiative when required.
- Provide Reception cover as required.
- To act as Fire Warden/Marshal.
- To undertake responsibility to be one of the Company’s accredited first aiders.
- To deal with all emergencies on site and to be on call and respond at all reasonable times
- Prioritise own workload on a day to day basis ensuring any relevant deadlines are achieved.
- To ensure that the company complies with Health and Safety legislation by carrying out basic tasks such as inductions, workstation assessments and monthly inspections as required.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional working manner
- Responsible attitude to work and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail
Experience / Qualification
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of working on a Reception desk or in customer service role
- First Aid at work certification
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Avaya Soft console switchboard system
- Knowledge of Net2 access system or similar systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, building support, establishing rapport & demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner
- Ability to prioritise and work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible, proactive approach to work and willingness to help with tasks as required
To be considered, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org