Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-renowned property company, have assigned us to recruit a world class Facilities Manager to look after their in-house facilities. Based at an outstanding skyscraper in the City of London.
The post holder will also be responsible for the supervision of any contractors working on the associated floors and ensuring the required standards are achieved and maintained at all times. It will be a key part of the role to build and develop good working relationships with the client and other local stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, repair and presentation are achieved and maintained at all times
- Manage and co-ordinate the full range of service charge recoverable services, ensuring compliance with specified standards, quality, time scale and cost objectives in liaison with Property Manager
- To deal with all queries on site efficiently and professionally and as appropriate direct queries to third parties for action, ensuring the person raising the query is informed of the action taken, the expected outcome and the timeframe involved; establish and maintain a register for these
- Ensure agreed services are provided in accordance with lease obligations in the London office in liaison with Property Manager
- In the event of emergency situations, to act as first point of contact for Helpdesk, and ensure all safety processes have been followed providing a report to the client with details of the incident.
- Ensuring that all processes are followed an updated in relation to Fire Wardens and First Aiders in the office
- Evaluate existing contractual relationships and ensure that the service provided by contractors, is in line with the agreed specification. Ensure that any shortcomings in service delivery are dealt with swiftly and reported back to the client, and AD Demised & Occupier services.
- Having a sound knowledge of all international office leases including working closely with the property team to ensure that deadlines are met. The main point of call for any space or facilities related enquiries and requests from the client, including serving notice on Boxes.
- Providing information to the accounts team in relation to leases
- Manage and update Executive committee reporting for Facilities capturing highlights of the month and planned activities for the following month.
- Conducting DSE assessment for new starters and staff who require due to injury or pregnancy
- Prepare and implement contingency plans, to ensure adequate and suitable site attendance, including cover for holidays, training and sickness.
- Providing support to the marketing team in terms of brand events, company brochures and other adhoc requests.
Operational – Technical and Maintenance
- To acquire working knowledge of the technical equipment in the clients demise including BMS and other software used in the monitoring of the building services systems and facilities and be certain of how to report./obtain prompt assistance with defect or malfunctions that may arise.
- To arrange any repairs to the client floors with the appropriate contractors and complete the required paperwork.
- To monitor the performance of any contractors appointed to carry out works/provide services on site to ensure that their work is carried out to the required quality and within appropriate timescales.
- Establish and implement best practice whilst ensuring safe working practices are complied with at all times.
- Manage all personnel if applicable and contractors on a day to day basis, monitoring performance, developing skills, addressing any performance or conduct issues and tracking workloads by carrying out regular meetings, in line with policies
- Carrying out appraisals and 6 monthly reviews on all employees managed.
- Work with the Associate Director Demised & Occupier services and STS to develop individual training plans for all staff under your leadership and hold regular review meetings to monitor progress and performance.
- Previous Facilities Manager experience.
- Previous experience of developing good relationships with clients and other tenants.
- Knowledge and/or experience managing services to an agreed budget.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without ongoing direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, the public and potential customer groups at all levels.
- Working knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns.
- Passionate about delivering high standards
- Operational experience at supervisory / managerial level within the commercial sector.
- Ability to use full range of Microsoft applications inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- IOSH qualification.
- Budgetary Experience
Sound like the perfect role for you? Please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org