Interim Facilities Manager (9 month FTC)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading education establishment, are now looking to recruit for a Facilities Manager to be responsible for the date to day management and maintenance of their well renowned site, on a temporary basis.
Responsibilities will include; manned security and security systems, catering, cleaning and waste disposal, maintenance arrangements both directly employed and contractors, post and other site services.
- To support the Heads of Facilities in operational delivery of all Facilities Management estates and services provision.
- To lead and co-ordinate projects and initiatives as required by the Heads of Facilities.
- To lead on centre health and safety matters.
- To be the focal point for progress and resolution of Helpdesk requests for repairs, notification of faults and other maintenance or set-up requests from staff and prioritise and allocate resources to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Responsible for monthly quality audits and reporting on performance against key performance indicators.
- Identify resource needs and best value suppliers.
- Deploy resources allocated by the Heads of Facilities effectively and efficiently.
- Instruct and supervise outsourced contractors ensuring safe systems of work.
- Carry out centre audits and manage resources to preform resulting actions.
- Identify preventative maintenance tasks and agree actions with the Heads of Facilities.
- Manage porterage, post, waste disposal and reactive maintenance tasks.
- To oversee security and catering operations
- To oversee car parking and vehicle arrangements.
- Implement risk management controls identified by the Leadership Team and external organisations.
- Be responsible for the daily direction and management of direct staff reports to ensure high standards of service delivery to customers. Participate in the development and implementation of business continuity planning.
- Under direction, provide health and safety advice to staff, develop specific health and safety procedures in accordance with best practice and ensure effective implementation.
- Adhere to applicable sustainable policy and procedures and identify ways in which best practice can be effectively and efficiently implemented.
- To keep up-to-date with QA initiatives and to develop and meet service standards for the area of work.
- To participate in the Professional Development Programme and undertake training as required including all relevant areas of technology.
- To propose any ideas which may help to promote and extend the Group’s reputation and efficient running of the Group.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Group Health and Safety Policy
- To be available to assist in enrolment and other procedures, which may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work flexibly which may include evenings, open days, parents’ evenings and possibly weekends.
- Undertake other duties as may be required by the Group Leadership Team or their representatives, in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the Group.
- Successful record of managing a team in a facilities environment.
- Thorough knowledge of building constructions, building services, systems and plant.
- Experience in delivery of all Facilities Management services with high levels of customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of health and safety management and the application to Facilities Management activities.
- Working knowledge of sustainability principals and their application to Facilities Management.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Educated to GCSE / level 3 or equivalent with grades A* – C in English and Mathematics.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations and procedures relevant to an educational establishment.
- Able to work flexibly throughout the year to suit business needs.