Head of Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a well-recognised financial services company, to recruit a Head of Facilities to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will lead and manage the Facilities unit to ensure that a quality service is provided to customers which meets business needs and company objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop, agree and implement a strategic plan that meets future business needs.
- Ensure tactical plans deliver to business need and the strategic goals.
- Monitor and manage both strategic and tactical plans, ensuring both business & Facilities agreed deliverables are met and that all stakeholders are aware of these plans and progress against them.
- Ensure the building is utilised to optimum effect to support business need both now and as it evolved, actively seeking ways to keep our building operating in a modern and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the SLAs and KPIs are agreed and then maintained within timelines, standards and budgets, as per agreed Clients’ Framework Service Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Ensure that planned preventative maintenance schedules are agreed and met.
- Ensure that all processes are documented, agreed and appropriate to ensure repeatability of services and avoidance of single points of failure.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Pay.UK with clients and, via regular dialogue, ensure that services continue to meet expectation and act as a facilitator of business development.
- Ensure that KPI reporting requirements are met and reviewed with the Head of Finance and Operations Support as appropriate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders, both clients and vendors.
- Engage parties who we license space to ensuring a positive and valuable relationship that remains commercially viable
- Work closely with Estate Management ensuring the estate is held accountable for elements of service provision and maintenance we can rightly expect of them
- Monitor and manage the relationship with all related vendors, ensuring regular account management meetings take place; SLAs are monitored; issues are escalated as required.
- Regularly review the services offered by vendors, assessing alternative offerings as required.
- Manage vendors in respect of facilities, consultancy services, training services, maintenance, consumables and other ancillary requirements and obtain optimum pricing.
- Comply with vendor management requirements and policies.
- Maintain regular contact with managing agent regarding estate matters.
Team Management & People Management Responsibilities
- Ensure that the team individually and collectively serve as a centre of excellence, supporting key business requirements, projects and new developments, keeping directors and colleagues fully briefed on relevant matters.
- Encourage the team to contribute towards the vision and direction of the Facilities unit and to encourage innovation in order to identify and promote ways in which the team can add values.
- Manage, motivate and develop the Facilities team, encouraging an appropriate work/life balance.
- Ensure that PDRs (Performance Development Reviews) are carried out in line with our client’s process.
- Ensure that Role Profiles accurately reflect individual responsibilities
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Facilities Management industry standards at both an operational and strategic level.
- Strong change management knowledge and experience
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation
- Strong understanding of relevant UK legislation, compliance regimes; risks assessments; gap analysis and remediation planning
- Strong commercial focus in respect of the provision of services [internally and externally] that are optimal; meeting requirements and effectively delivered.
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Excellent knowledge of facilities subject matter such that both Operational day to day can be delivered but also visionary approach to refining the needs of the company in respect of facilities
- Relevant work experience
- NEBOSH – National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health – Diploma Level