Facilities Project Manager (12 Months FTC)Back to Vacancies List
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in successful delivery of FM Estate projects through the coordination, supervision and delivery of projects from inception through to completion.
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects within a live / operational site.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, timescale and budget information.
- Establish design brief / project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required.
- Assisting the delivery of projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/ project brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Assist with selection, management and administration of appropriate forms of building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Administration and oversight of project tender and contractor selection process.
- Administration and oversight of CDM Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations – and related compliance requirements.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including engineers, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate meetings with internal stakeholders to fully understand the project brief.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
- Report and make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost.
- Support the Head of Facilities Management / H&S Manager to continuously monitor work on site in accordance with Health & Safety Procedures, Contractor’s Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works. Promptly report breaches in written
- Examine, as far in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings on individual projects for discrepancies. Attend pre-contract meetings. Report on the contractor’s anticipated building programme and on the performance of contractors and external consultants.
- Check that progress is maintained according to the building programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the Head of Facilities Management / Project Delivery Team.
- Work with the Facilities Team to prepare and attend snagging inspections prior to Practical Completion of the works. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of any defects liability period.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the Project Delivery Team (Purchasing / I.T. etc.) to ensure that projects run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of all relevant regulations, British Standards and Codes of practice and ensure compliance with MBA Policies and Quality Management Procedures
- Ensure best practices and quality are being maintained
- Request, collate and distribute O&M Manuals
- Undertake sub-contractor performance assessments throughout and at the end of the contract period
- Flexibility to manage projects outside of normal works hours if required – where work may need to be undertaken to a schedule which will minimise the impact on production activities (electrical shutdown / capital plant installation etc)
- Applicants will have experience in a Facilities Management / Construction / Building Services Project Management position.
- Solid understanding of construction technology and M&E building services.
- Solid understanding of Facilities Management practices and techniques.
- HND/Degree in Facilities and/or Construction Project Management, Building Services, or related subject.
- Working towards (at appropriate level) MRICS / MCIOB / MWIFM or equivalent verifiable work-based experience and training