Chief EngineerBack to Vacancies List
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeInDownBig” entry_delay= “2.5” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
Our client, a private household are now looking for a Chief Engineer to lead the maintenance and FM provision to an outstanding estate.
To support and report directly the Chief Operating Officer and manage the maintenance team on a daily basis, ensuring the running of the various properties which form part of the Estate and the delivery of the highest level of service You will be required to demonstrate exceptional technical skills and abilities, both theoretical and practical especially relating to the M & E systems. You are expected to be hands on and to lead by example.
- Prepare and implement a planned preventive maintenance schedule for the estate, making full use of the various maintenance systems.
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.) through planned testing.
- Prepare staff maintenance schedules in collaboration with the FM Supervisors and ensure work is allocated accordingly.
- Lead the process of setting new SLA and appointments of the maintenance contractors and manage those when on site (including callout requests).
- Work with the complex M&E, BMS, IT & AV installations within the estate.
- Deliver solutions to ensure faultless service across the estate
- To provide full support to the FM Team to carry out day to day tasks to ensure the properties are maintained to the highest standard.
- Be flexible and responsive to deliver systems to end user requirements
- To carry out ad hoc and regular inspections of the buildings, including H, 4HG, 5HG, F, G and L whenever required.
- To manage the Facility Team at the other properties to ensure resources are available and support provided whenever required.
- Use and manage the defect reporting system to ensure all maintenance requests are responded to (in order of priority).
- To ensure that the maintenance processes and documentation, including built drawings and O&M documentation, are reviewing and updated.
- To develop the Facilities Maintenance team to ensure correct skill set is available as required.
- To ensure there is always adequate resources, people, time and materials available to deal with all eventualities.
- To conduct team meetings and appraisals as appropriate.
- To ensure the general cleanliness in all areas where work is being conducted including workshop and plant room areas is to the highest standard.
- Manage and maintain the budget control system, process invoices / petty cash related to the FM department.
- Propose long term Capex plans (yearly, 3 yearly, 5 yearly) to ensure all technical / building assets are on a replacement program, as appropriate.
- Manage stock and spares for the FM Department.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all systems used on the estate and ensure all records are kept in the relevant folders / systems.
- Work with the Head Gardener to ensure all water features and irrigations systems are always fully operational.
- Ensure all SPA and pool facilities are always fully operational.
- Provide any technical reports as and when requested by the Chief Operating Officer or the Family Office.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or within the wider team.
- To Carry out Duty Manager shifts as required.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Chief Operating Officer or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
- HND, B.Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering required
- At least 5 years previous experience in a 5* hotel or similar as Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering.
- Professional Building Engineering / Project Management Certifications.
- H&S qualifications (such as IOSH, NEBOSH, CIEH)
- Good written and spoken English skills.