Senior Shift Maintenance TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
As one of the top 10 universities in the world, Maxwell Stephens have been given the responsibility to find an Senior Shift Technician to join their team.
This role is full time and permanent and on a shift basis.
The shift pattern is as follows: 12 hours x 4 shift pattern , 4 days on 4 days off 4 nights on
As Senior Shift Maintenance Technician, you will work as part of a team with other maintenance technicians and will be responsible for managing and undertaking Hard Services planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements.
- Conducting routine inspections of premises.
- Identifying any mechanical and electrical issues and repairing them.
- Check functionality of safety systems e.g. fire alarm.
- To respond to all maintenance requests in order of priority.
- Perform planned preventative maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when external assistance repairs are necessary.
- Report to the Maintenance Manager any issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress using appropriate systems.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in all areas where work is being conducted including workshop and plant room areas.
- Stock taking and inventories.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as within the wider team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the maintenance team or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
- To ensure that any accidents to residents, students, staff or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Educated in either mechanical or electrical services(minimum NVQ Level 2 or HNC, or equivalent)
- Good working experience in both mechanical and electrical processes relating to building services and maintenance (can be bias in one area but must have good overall experience in both)
- Experience in Hospital, research or University/College working environments is highly desirable
- Good written and spoken English skills.