Senior Maintenance TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading University to recruit for a Senior Maintenance Technician. They will be responsible for managing and undertaking Hard Services planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements.
The role is critical to maintaining College functions, and is part of a specialist team of operational maintenance technicians focussing upon critical, essential, statutory and non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance. To be the first line manager to the designated shift team.
- To be the first line manager to the designated shift team.
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business-critical systems across the Estate.
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Manage and conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct statutory system & asset testing, and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety, and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
- You will be expected to deliver a high level of Customer focused service and participated in additional training when required (ISO14001 environmental management system etc).
- The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Certified (currently valid) Mechanical, Electrical, or HVAC Craft Apprenticeship.
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Grades A -C in English and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent) Level
- IT Literate
- Awareness of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ability to identify and report any untoward accident, incident, or potentially hazardous situation as necessary
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and ability to prioritise workloads
- An organised and methodical approach to work
- A good communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work without supervision
- CSCS card, PASMA, IPAF.
- ONC in a Building & construction discipline
- Supervisory Experience of multi-disciplinary staff
- Experience of environmental, energy and H&S management systems