Facilities Office ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client, a global boutique financial services firm is recruiting a permanent Facilities Manager to work in its offices in the heart of the London.
Maxwell Stephens, the UK’s leading facilities management recruitment company, have been appointed by the client to find an adaptable and experienced leader to manage the company’s day-to-day operations and its physical office environment. You’ll oversee providing office support services to our client’s internal and external customers in addition to maintaining vital vendor and engineer relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be the person managing the planning and operational aspects of facilities maintenance, health and safety, and food service for our client. In addition to being the First Aider and Fire Warden, you’ll make provision for local site planning for business continuity and event response.
- Ongoing adaptations to our client’s office environment are caused by growth and internal reorganisation. You’ll lead space planning, move coordination and the maintenance of hardware (copies, printers, faxes, AV, and phones). For the company’s IT, you’ll liaise on all matters with the IT team, including on maintenance.
- Our client has a defined culture and set of core values across its businesses. They will expect you to be a steward of the physical environment, managing services in such a way to conform with their statements on values and culture.
- You’ll manage the front of house team on performance and appraisals, granting absent approvals and arranging reception cover. You’ll collaborate with management to establish standards and guidelines for the services for which you’re responsible, always ensuring the appropriate level of effective and efficient service.
- You’ll push the business forward by reviewing team processes and consistency in outcomes – identifying risks and assuring best practice in alignment with our client’s needs.
- When working with our client’s vendors, you’ll lead in contract negotiation, ensuring agreed service levels are attained keeping an open channel for feedback. At all times, you’ll identify service requirements, research alternatives, and recommend services or products for requisition. As part of these duties, you’ll develop initial contractual agreements, followed by reviewing, analysing and negotiating post-accord changes with vendors, considering budgetary, cost, and risk considerations.
- You’ll bring to our client 5-10 years of proactive facility or office management experience within an international environment. Key to your time in previous roles was a deep understanding of office infrastructure (power, ventilation, plumbing, AC) and the related procedures needed to ensure maximum uptime.
- You’re qualified to Level 4 BIFM and balance your strong organisational skills with your ability to handle multiple overlapping priorities.
Our client has indicated that they are looking to place their new Facilities Manager in situ without delay. Maxwell Stephens therefore encourages all suitable and interested professionals to contact us straight away to make their interest in the position known. Please email Peter Forshaw on firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.