Head of Engineering (Health)Back to Vacancies List
Ranked as one of the top Universities’ worldwide, 1,000’s of students from multiple countries, our client are now looking to recruit a Head of Engineering to join their Estates and Facilities department, specifically to work across buildings in the Health and Research areas.
Reporting directly to the Associate of Engineering, the specific responsibilities for this role will be managing the delivery of Statutory, Mandatory , Reactive, Planned and Preventative Hard Service Maintenance across the Estate and improving service delivery, with specific reference to record keeping, asset uptime and staff training & development.
- Responsibility for the effective management support of the engineering Maintenance team.
- The development and growth of the staff under direct control.
- Develop relationships with all parts of the estates department to enhance operational delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly performance reports
- Attendance at various meetings as required.
- Contribute to the overall management of business and commercial risk.
- Recommend improved ways of working to achieve continuous improvement
- Responsible for the setting of maintenance standards.
- Delivery of contract SLA’s, KPI’s and KSF’s.
- Deliver an integrated planned forward maintenance register including 3rd party vendors.
- Develop operational “Normal and Emergency” operating plans for use on site.
- Responsibility for the delivery of Operational Service excellence.
- Accountable for accurate measurement and auditing of operational services.
- Development and implementation of a Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation plan.
- Create specialist 3rd party supply chain business focussed delivery in liaison with the Maintenance Manager
- Responsible for the development of PPM delivery from SFG20 to include specific Manufacturer guidance and Life Cycle enhancement.
- Maintain a monthly operational risk register across the portfolio.
- Review Life Cycle Asset Assessments annually with Asset Improvement team.
- Ensure Asset Condition surveys maintained in accordance HEFCE guidelines
Health & Safety:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of all management systems.
- Ensure that all staff are suitably trained and aware of relevant H&S systems.
- Ensure that all aspect of the service are delivered in a safe and controlled manner
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and documents
- Maintain an operational H & S plan relevant to all engineering systems.
- Operate a “Safe Systems of Work” system at all times.
- Integrate maintenance with the College’s H & S policy.
- Responsible for the Training and Auditing of AP’s and CP’s
Service Levels & Customer Satisfaction:
- Contribute to the development of innovation and best practice standards.
- Organise & attend monthly meetings
- Overall responsibility for maintaining accurate maintenance documentation
- Provide effective communication to facilitate business as usual operations 24x7x365.
- Develop strong relationships with the key customers within the wider University family
- Undertake periodic Quality surveys.
- Maintain an accurate categorised database of all equipment and assets
- Produce a monthly scorecard of key agreed KPI’s
- Develop and accept ownership in all areas of responsibility.
- Provide management support in improving business efficiency.
- Ensure good teamwork and high morale is maintained.
- Develop staff through an associated training plan.
- Ensure all staff have development plans linked to SMART objectives.
- Develop a documented succession plan for the team of direct reports.
- HND/C Building Services, or Degree in Construction related subject or trade qualification.
- Significant people management and contract management experience
- Contract value experience of circa £5m + PA
- Senior Operational Management role for an extended period
- Sound technical and environmental awareness.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering operations within multiple environments.
- Higher Education & Research Estate Maintenance