Assistant Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
We have been assigned by a leading financial services company to recruit for an Assistant Facilities Manager to join their team in Central London.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the role will involve supporting the Facilities Department in delivering its various services to a high standard.
- Manage all elements assigned in a professional and safe manner, ensuring that the culture service delivery is maintained to the highest standards, provide excellent level of interpersonal customer service and communicate professionally at all levels.
- Support the Facilities Manager with managing the buildings and their respective tenants and coordinate daily with all the other FM teams (mainly catering, security, cleaning).
- Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, repair and presentation are achieved and maintained at all times on the premises.
- Manage the Reception service to include training and supporting the receptionist, carrying out annual appraisals and regular performance reviews. Cover reception in receptionist absence and during his/her breaks.
- Actively manage the key building suppliers (stationery, flowers, etc) and the building post and printing services.
- Look after the company’s events coordination and administration, working closely with the catering team (to include internal, external and staff events).
- Acquire working knowledge of the technical equipment at the buildings including BMS and other software used in the monitoring of the building services systems and facilities and be certain of how to report/obtain prompt assistance with defect or malfunctions that may arise.
- Support the Facilities Manager in monitoring the performance of any contractors appointed to carry out works/provide services on site to ensure that their work is carried out safely, to the required quality and within appropriate timescales.
- Support the Facilities Manager in supervising planned preventative maintenance schedule and working with M&E provider to ensure that all PPMs are complete as required.
- Organise reactive maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Look after re-lamping and small repairs if deemed competent to do so.
- Look after the cheque banking and petty cash
- Ensure all works (internal or external) and working practices are carried out safely, always following up to date Health and Safety requirements.
- Continually acquire Health and Safety knowledge and attend training as and when required.
- Ensure the numbers of trained Fire Wardens and First Aiders in the office is to an acceptable level at all time, provide regular training as and when necessary.
- In the event of emergency situations, ensure all safety processes have been followed and carry out thorough reporting afterwards.
- Support the department with financial and procurement administration (i.e. validation of invoices and follow up with suppliers/contractors if necessary).
- Support Facilities Manager in preparing and implementing contingency plans, to ensure adequate and suitable site attendance, including cover for holidays, training and sickness.
- Maintain internal relationships and dealing with queries via phone and email within acceptable deadlines when not working from the office.
- Other duties, consistent with the role, as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Cover Facilities Manager in his/her absence.