Director of Workspace EMEABack to Vacancies List
Our client is one of the worlds leading technology organisations.
They are looking to hire the most exceptional and are on a mission to create the very best employee experiences where everyone is treated equally and has access to amazing opportunities.
As part of the Global Workplace (FM) team this position is responsible for the management of approximately half a million square feet, just over £20 Million in Operating costs and operating in nearly 30 locations in the EMEA Region.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the primary point of contact for all (Operations, Real Estate, Projects, etc.) at the sites.
- Develop, articulate and fulfill the vision for the sites.
- Develop business relationships at the site level to be able to proactively address space and services issues.
- Direct, manage and provide oversight to all of our site vendors; including our outsourced facilities management team.
- Manage all aspects of the financials including budget adherence and the ongoing forecasting of operating expenses and capital projects.
- Partner with Global Safety and Security team on Incident management, emergency response and safety.
- Manage the site “experience”, ensure best delivery of Site Services: Wellness, Café, Shipping/Mail, etc. as applicable for the sites.
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Site level M&A integration, consolidation and/or closures.
- Drive improvements in and execute the sustainability strategy.
- Implement and coordinate EWS initiatives and programs at the site level.
- Partner with the teams in EWS and contribute to the development of the real estate strategy, site services, projects, space design.
- Establish occupancy strategies, planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises.
- Develop metro level plans for growth and change (Scenario Planning)
- Owners rep for all projects across the sites; ensure the project metrics are met, with great cross functional communication.
- Partner with People Resources and IT to address any opportunities or issues regarding the employee experience at the site.
- Develop site level analytics and business cases to support key decisions
What You Need to Succeed
- 10 years work experience, at least 5 year in Regional Facilities Management or Customer Relationship Management leadership role
- Excellent Partnership & alignment skills with key partners to achieve common goals
- Excellent customer service, communication, influence and negotiation skills
- High capability in operating in and managing cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to develop business case proposals to senior executives
- Excellent judgement and ability to build relationships across distance
- Innovation, process improvement/organisational efficiency
- Problem solving, analytical skills
Seem of interest? Please send your CV directly to Peter Forshaw – email@example.com