Facilities Officer (6 Month FTC)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, an established charity, has asked us to recruit a Facilities Officer to support the day-to-day running of their office, working with the Facilities Manager. This includes all aspects of buildings and facilities maintenance, contractor management, health & safety management, reception, and meeting room services.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the office to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Identify any areas which need attention, ensuring that non-compliance issues are rectified or escalated to the Operations and Facilities Manager
- Assist the Operations & Facilities Manager in the management of records and checks, establishing new protocols where necessary and improving existing ones.
- Provide cover in the absence of the Operations and Facilities Manager
- Assist with the preparation, review and updating of maintenance records for the office.
- Respond to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the situation, ensuring appropriate follow-up, as necessary.
- Arrange and/or provide cover for reception.
- Assist with the setting up of meeting rooms including with catering if necessary
- Ensure that basic facilities are well-maintained and ensuring proactive maintenance is carried out
- Ensure that facilities meet compliance standards and statutory regulations
- Assist with any renovations, refurbishments and building projects
- Help with planning and execution of office moves
- A willingness to undertake limited work outside normal office hours
- Be willing to undertake additional responsibilities to help the team meet its objectives.
Scope and accountability:
- Decision making and limits of authority
- Monitor usage, maintenance and ensure repair of office equipment and machinery
- Ensure facilities meet needs of multiple individual trusts
- Support regular implementation of planned preventative maintenance
- Monitor systems for regular cleaning, repair, and maintenance of facilities
- Work with Operations and Facilities Manager to ensure relevant and consistent service for all trusts
- Ensure office meets regulatory standards including, DSE, Fire, Health and Safety and Disability. Assist Operations and Facilities Manager to ensure these standards are met and maintained.
- Exercise good judgement on when to escalate matters to a higher authority.
- Gain an understanding of the budgets for both hard and soft service provision and work with facilities team, trusts and finance department to ensure spend within budgetary projections.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining facilities/operations contacts.
- Work with Operations and Facilities Manager to establish communication of FM protocols with Trust staff.
- Assist Operations and Facilities Manager to maintain contractor database, manage relationships with contractors and manage vendors to ensure high standards.
- Provide cover in the absence of the Operations and Facilities Manager and provide support and guidance for the other facilities staff.
Legal, regulatory and compliance
- Ensure policies and procedures affecting usage, supplies and facilities are implemented by working with staff
- Ensure compliance with SFCT Safeguarding policies and procedures and data protection.
- Personal compliance with SFCT health and safety procedures, Equal Opportunities & Diversity procedures.
- Understand and implement systems which are in place to deal with emergency issues that may arise, including safety, security or usability of the facility.
Knowledge & Education/Training
- A relevant facilities qualification e.g. IOSH (managing safely) or significant relevant experience is essential.
- Understanding of soft and hard service delivery
- IT literate, and able to familiarise with new IT systems
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety application in the workplace
- Solid previous relevant experience in conjunction with a Facilities qualification.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exercise responsibility and independent working is essential.
- A self-starter with a high degree of flexibility and tact in responding to the different personalities and ways of working of the family and their trustees.
- Evidence of empathy for the trusts’ goals is essential
- Familiarity with the application of statutory regulations
- Competent writing and communications, including the ability to communicate technical information to all staff.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements:
- Comfortable taking on routine tasks
- Able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Level-headed with a common-sense approach
- Team player