Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a prestigious independent health charity, who are now looking to recruit a motivated and experienced Facilities Manager to be based at their iconic premises at Cavendish Square, Central London.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Activities, the post holder will ensure that the clients’ building supports the organisation’s objectives, and contributes to achieving their vision of better health and care for all.
The overall purpose of the role focuses on:
- Providing an effective workspace for 130 members of staff
- Providing a space that will encourage collaboration and convening
- Ensuring effective revenue generation through the use of the building as a venue and tenanted offices
- Enhancing the building’s long-term financial value
The Facilities Manager will ensure that the building works as efficiently and effectively as possible, and that a wide range of support services for stakeholders (staff, tenants and visitors) are of a high quality, responsive and promote a strong and positive image of the organisation. In addition, they will manage a number of related services, contracts and works to ensure the effective, timely delivery of support services to all stakeholders. Other key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Head of Commercial Activities to ensure the overall appearance, accessibility and functionality of the entire building is of a high standard, effective, and promotes a positive image at all times.
- Managing the security of the building and its staff, tenants and visitors.
- Managing support services for staff, tenants and visitors including the Facilities Team and Building Services.
- Ensuring building and operations meet relevant H&S requirements
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all tenants, overseeing services provided and service level agreements, and providing monthly recharge accounts for services provided.
- Involvement with Major Incident Management Group in the event of a major incident and responsible for the Business Continuity Plan document at all times, revising as necessary.
- Effectively managing relationships with key contractors including monitoring, establishing benchmarks and reporting standards, and ensuring value for money.
- Overseeing the quality of customer care and service delivery within all front of house areas, as well as managing complaints / feedback and reporting on performance.
- Member of IWFM.
- Possesses a relevant H&S qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely.
- Significant experience of delivering flexible and responsive support services.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Experience of managing business risk processes.
- Experience of managing a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Experience of co-ordinating contributions from a range of services to deliver an integrated outcome.
- Experience of negotiating and managing external contracts and of seeking value for money in all aspects of work.
- Experience of working in the Hospitality industry desirable.
- Experience of service development and change management, including the design and delivery of operational improvements would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing and developing staff in a changing environment where issues of motivation and providing cover are important.
- An understanding of health and safety at work legislation in practice and the ability to reflect that in all aspects of the work.
This role won’t be around for long and we are expecting a high level of interest in this opportunity, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with either Robyn Powner or Peter Forshaw on 0207 118 4848 now!