Engineering Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the largest alternative asset managers in the world, has asked us to recruit an Engineering Services Manager to plan, coordinate and supervise all aspects of M&E system operations, planned and reactive maintenance, as well as managing and developing a team of technicians and a service desk function.
- Using tact and diplomacy ensure good communications to all stakeholders on issues relating to the day to day operation of the property.
- Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the Occupiers in order to build positive working relationships.
- Manage and supervise the Senior Technicians, Technicians and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with, or better than, HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- Manage, appraise, develop and mentor direct reports in line with the company’s policy.
- Supervise staff performance and conduct on a day-to-day basis to ensure professional and productive performance is provided by all team members.
- Manage resources to ensure staff holiday, sickness and training absence are suitably managed and cover provided.
- To hold regular meetings with their direct reports and wider maintenance team.
- Ensure staff are suitable trained and regularly drilled on the safe and proper operation of all M&E plant and operating systems. Plan and arrange staff training in line with the company’s training matrix.
- Ensure site processes and procedures are adhered to by all maintenance personnel.
- To proactively manage third party contractors, building positive relationships and working in partnership with them to resolve contractual or technical issues.
- Promote a safety first culture within the team.
- Be responsibly available to support emergency incidents outside of normal working hours.
- To fulfil any other duties reasonably necessary in the interest of the smooth and efficient operation of the property.
- Maintain accurate records of works completed and associated financial costs. Provide a monthly financial report to the General Manager & Technical Services Manager, working within allocated budget authority.
- Obtain quotations and instruct purchase orders for repairs and small projects.
- Ensure orders are placed in line with the company’s procurement policy and payment for completed works and consumable orders are processed in a timely manner.
Systems & Processes
- Identify, forward plan and coordinate all maintenance activities. Providing a regular report on planned maintenance and works in progress.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the M&E services, organising the maintenance team and supply chain in order to meet the objectives and annual planned maintenance.
- Maintain clear and legible records appertaining to operations, PPM schedule, reactive maintenance, the emergency maintenance systems and other engineering, building fabric records including operation and maintenance manuals and drawings.
- Ensure a proactive approach is taken to service delivery and fault resolution.
- Ensure statutory compliance is maintained in line with the site and company procedures and that all non-compliance matters are escalated to the Technical Services Manager and General Manager immediately.
- Ensure the company’s permit to work processes are followed by the maintenance team at all times. Ensure regular spot checks of works being carried out under a permit to work are enforced.
- Ensure all aspects of health and safety are maintained in line with the site and task specific risk assessment and method statement.
- Assist in the preparation of operational processes, procedures and emergency plans.
- To act as an Authorised Person for the M&E systems where trained and appointed to do so.
- Prepare operational and managerial reports.
- Carry out regular quality audits of the maintenance standards.
- To ensure a robust handover process between shifts is achieved at all times and shift reports are clear, concise and offer a suitable level of information.
- A relevant professional qualification is essential – Eng.Tech/I.Eng.
- Holds a valid IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Experience of being an appointed HV/AP or SAP.
- A team leader possessing demonstrable team management skills who can work effectively with people at all levels and is capable of dealing with contentious and challenging situations.
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard and soft services environment in a managerial role
- A good working knowledge of assets such as plumbing; HVAC systems, controls, refrigeration and electrical/mechanical and experience managing cooling towers.
- Prior experience of Building Management Systems.
- Experience in managing electronic PPM management systems e.g. Concept Evolution or equivalent.
- Experience of managing technical incidents through to resolution.
- Experience in managing a service desk function.
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with experience of managing safe working practices and statutory compliance.
- Prior experience of managing a permit to process.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Endorsement.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Building Services Engineering (High level of electrical content).
- Experience of recruiting, managing, appraising direct reports.
- Experience of coordinating tool box training and best practice drills.
- An ability to write and implement new processes, procedures and business continuity plans.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please send your CV to email@example.com. Or alternatively you can contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0201 1184848 for more details.
For more information on Maxwell Stephens and our services please visit www.maxwellstephens.com