Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Leading FM recruitment consultancy Maxwell Stephens has been appointed by one of the earliest adult education institutions to provide an experienced and competent leader as Head of Facilities to act as a member of the management team.
Managing Facilities Supervisor and 4 x Facilities Assistants
Holding a degree level qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH qualification, and a membership of an appropriate professional body, such as MCIOB/ MIWFM, you bring extensive experience in:
- managing both soft and hard estates and facilities services
- staff line management experience
- developing and managing health and safety compliance procedures and practices
- managing environmental regulations and sustainability initiatives
- leading the planning and delivery of capital projects
- able to lead and manage strategic and operational change initiatives, in order to improve department output and performance
A logical problem solver with a positive and professional attitude towards managing and prioritising workloads in a reactive environment. You have the skills to managing projects, budgets and change, with considerable technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical infrastructure. You will be actively willing to develop professionally by taking part in training and reflecting your own performance regularly.
You’re an outstanding communicator who is motivated to create and maintain high quality environments across two centres. Highly committed to ensuring compliance in Health and Safety. Overall, you are an all-rounder- friendly, a strong leader, a role model for all staff and students, who is committed to supporting an employer’s goals and delivering an impeccable standard of service which will maximise the customer experience for all learners, staff and visitors.
You’ll be responsible for the leadership and direction of the in-house and contracted out Estates and Facilities across two centres, while liaising with the Vice Principal and other senior managers to ensure that the environments and well maintained, safe, secure and welcoming while exceeding all legal requirements and obligations. This will include working on planning and implementing capital projects, acting as the internal project manager, appointing design teams and contractors. You will also be expected to contribute to management discussions, working in groups and taking ownership if appropriate.
Our client is committed to reducing their carbon footprint in this senior role you will champion the sustainability agenda to ideally promote new behaviours that reduce the carbon footprint across the sites. While developing a safety conscious team who can problem solve and work collaboratively across the site.
You’ll be responsible for:
- effectively leading all soft and hard facilities management services
- undertake detailed analysis of service provision as required and develop strategies and plans to improve service provision in a cost effective and efficient manner
- preparing an annual Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) for the Facilities department and present reports against them at the termly Performance Monitoring Boards (PRBs) with the Executive Management Team (EMG)
- monitoring all budgets and maintain a 10-year preventative planned maintenance programme while co-ordinating funding
- being the main officer supporting the Health and Safety Committee and ensuring the site is compliant in all aspects
- advising and supporting managers and staff in updating and adhering to risk assessments
The post will involve working with young people and vulnerable adults and is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 to discuss with one of the Maxwell Stephens team or email your CV to email@example.com to apply.