Facilities & Buildings Manager (Venue) – Ref 762Back to Vacancies List
Our client are responsible for managing a large public entertainment venue in Surrey. The venue itself holds major events including: conferences, banqueting, hospitality and music and comedy events.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for ensuring that the building, its facilities and its landscaped setting are managed, maintained and presented in the best possible working and decorative order, so as to maximise the contribution they make to the realisation of our clients business and customer service objectives, and its sustainable long-term success.
Your duties will be varied and will include:
- Assist the Senior Management Team with the management and monitoring of annual operating budgets.
- Control and management of staffing and resources
- Management of effective and timely routine preventative and planned maintenance of building, plant, machinery, installations and the external grounds
- Management of the safe and effective operation of all such equipment by all staff
- Implementation of all schedules including: maintenance, cleaning, lifecycle capital replacement and capital project planning and implementation.
- Management of all contracts with suppliers
- Management of all contractors on site, ensuring that all health and safety requirements are
- met, and all work is monitored.
- Undertaking routine inspections of the site including daily maintenance checks.
- Maintenance of up-to-date records of all regular checks undertaken.
- Undertaking and documenting risk assessments for buildings and site, ensuring risk
- assessments are distributed to required departments.
- Maintenance of detailed plans showing the location of key and essential services, including but not limited to water isolation valves, fire points, drainage systems, gas and power supplies..
- Regular inspection of outside areas for defects and potential hazards including condition of boundaries, building exteriors, grounds and trees. Ensure that inspections are recorded, and records are maintained.
- Chairing Safety, Health and Environmental Group
You will be tasked with making a positive and collaborative contribution to the Management Team. For success in this diverse role you will have proven successful experience in managing teams, managing plant and the operation of buildings, projects, health & safety and budgets.
It would be helpful if you have experience of working within and managing operational areas of a mid to large scale entertainment venue or similarly complex building. It is also required that you have the confidence to deliver, with excellent communication skills