Head Of Health and SafetyBack to Vacancies List
You will be the champion of the health and safety culture and be responsible for leading our health and safety strategy, policies, procedures and processes, across two Residences , Head Office and development sites in London.
To give you a bit of flavour, our client is backed by world renowned investment bank Goldman Sachs, which is supporting the business’ ambition to build a portfolio of over 10 sites worth c. £3bn. This shows the direction and drive of the client we are dealing with.
- Be the ‘torch-bearer’ for putting health and safety at the heart of the Riverstone Culture and identify ways to continually bring this to life, reinforce and amplify.
- Ensure statutory compliance across the business and develop systems to ensure compliance
- Ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policies are up to date and implemented consistently across the organisation
- Advise senior management and the Board on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance, e.g. Building Safety Act
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety performance, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required to mitigate risks
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the health and safety systems and procedures, identifying and implementing improvements and develop a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Assist with the reporting and investigation of all near misses, accidents and incidents, based on which identify changes to policies and practices and additional training needs for colleagues
- Develop and as required deliver a training plan for all Riverstone teams on Health and Safety culture, risk assessments, health and safety policies and procedures and emergency protocols
- Create/support the writing of Risk Assessments and Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support
- Provide support for contractor management, the reviewing of RAMS and implementation of Permit to Work policy
- Support teams in completing any actions required from internal/external audits and risk assessments e.g Fire Risk Assessment
- Chair the Health and Safety Committee and provide support and guidance on all Health and Safety matters
Skills and Experience
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent; construction and fire related qualifications would be a real bonus too.
- Have at least three years experience leading a company’s health and safety function
- Experienced in residential, leisure or hospitality sectors, and better still if you have first-hand experience of opening new sites and the transition to operational opening
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to influence at various levels
- Able to build and develop productive working relationships in a collaborative culture
- Outcome and results focused, and able to meet deadlines