Facilities Manager Support Co-ordinator – Ref 802Back to Vacancies List
Our client is an insurance provider whom have over a 130 year history, they are about to move into one of the larger skyscrapers in Canary Wharf.
This role will be based in the new location to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the companies furniture, fixtures, fittings, the general office area’s and the upkeep and regular maintenance of the mechanical and electrical plant and support systems for the Company ensuring the safety and security of the staff and site, acting as an out of hours primary key holder.
The provision of a CAFM service, carrying out office moves as directed, keeping accurate records of all PPM and Reactive Maintenance Works, ensuring that all Contractors records are maintained re the issue of Permit to Works. Provide meeting room set up, Reception and Access Control cover. Adhere to all Health & Safety Legislation re contractors on site, staff on site, general, equipment, fire safety and the security of the Company’s Premises.
Other duties include: Office Churn, Maintenance of Services on Site, Purchase Orders, Health & Safety, Reception Cover, Meeting Rooms, FM Disaster Recovery Cover. Ad hoc Tasks.
Qualifications & Experience
- A sound knowledge of office Health & Safety Legislation
- IOSH Trained and Qualified.
- Competent at basic joinery, decoration and electrical works (subject to training and certification).
- Good IT Skills (Microsoft Office –Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Good organisational and reporting skills, prompt and timely reporting
- Good records management skills
- A sound knowledge of Contractor Management, Pre Planned and Reactive Maintenance Measures
- Basic Electrical competence together with a practical knowledge of fire safety, emergency precaution procedures and Health and Safety in an office environment including appropriate legislation.
- A good working knowledge of office space planning and appropriate level of AutCAD software together with the ability to project manage and co-ordinate all aspects of office moves, relocations and reorganisations of reasonable and practical size.
- Training will be provided as appropriate.
Competencies required include:
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks of varying size and to have the ability to prioritise
- Capable of planning ahead and organising projects.
- High degree of customer service awareness and ability to understand internal customer’s perpective.
- Communication: At all times to ensure manager is informed of any operational issues/matters and similarly the FM team where appropriate.
- The position requires a 38-hour week. Hours to be agreed. Occasional overtime will be required and remunerated as per contract.
- This role will include heavy lifting of furniture and equipment.
- Being a Key holder the post holder may be expected to attend to any out of hour’s emergencies and respond appropriately to incidences.
- A pro-active and hands on approach and a ‘can do’ attitude is a pre-requisite for this post