Premises and Facilities Manager – Ref 815Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a mid-sized financial services organisation and they are now seeking a Premises and Facilities Manager to oversee their facilities management and also to be responsible for leasehold and freehold interest. The successful role holder will be an expert on property matters including space utilisation, market trends, innovations in outsourcing, systems and other matters affecting their premises and facilities.
- You will manage the facilities management for multiple premises which will include catering and reception teams.
- Lease management including negotiating with freeholders and others on rent reviews and other matters.
- Provide advice on maintaining suitable systems and comprehensive property records including leases and freehold, rent reviews, service charges and other relevant details.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and other legislation
- Preparing for approval and monitoring the capital and maintenance budget. Monitoring facilities related spending against the budget
- Project management and supervision and coordinating work of contractors
- Directing and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, copying, mail, scanning, cleaning, catering and vending, meeting room set ups, waste disposal and recycling, mobile and desk top phones, utilities contracts.
- Monitoring delivery against contracts in place to ensure work is properly undertaken and scheduled at a time to suit the firm.
- Proven track record either working as a Chartered Surveyor or at least qualified as a surveyor.
- RICS Membership
- Fully conversant with statutory requirements of relevant legislation relating to office premises
- Facilities management experience
- Proven experience of managing teams and direct line management
- Contractor management
- Budget management
- Excellent communication skills – clear and concise
- Strong negotiation skills
- Hands on practical approach
- Planning and organising
- Trouble shooter