Head of Facility & Workplace Services – University College LondonBack to Vacancies List
Impressive on many levels as a world class Institution, the scale, variety and complexity of the UCL estate is unparalleled in the sector. The estate comprises over 200 buildings valued at over £2bn, with more than four million square feet of academic accommodation and almost 4000 student bedrooms. UCL Estates are responsible for managing the delivery of an Estate Strategy with an investment programme in excess of £1bn over the next ten years.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the provision of all “soft” facility services across UCL’s estate.
- Managing the development and implementation of efficient, effective, customer focused and safe operational practice, to agreed/defined policy, systems and supporting structures.
- Integrating service delivery to ensure excellent customer service, meeting agreed targets.
This is a significant role within UCL and it is essential that the person appointed not only comes with an impressive catalogue of knowledge and experience, but is also an appropriate fit to the team and culture to achieve the Estates’ vision for the future.
The ideal applicant for this opportunity will display strong customer focus and a natural affinity with service excellence. You’ll be a credible communicator with the ability to engage and influence people at all levels. You will be naturally collaborative in your style and thrive on the challenge of working cross functionally, managing a variety of stakeholders to achieve results. You will be an inspirational leader of people and change, maintaining a positive and creative ‘can do’ approach to achieve personal, team and business objectives.
In addition, you will be able to clearly demonstrate the following essential requirements;
- Formal qualification in a facilities/property management discipline and membership of relevant professional body.
- Industry recognised qualification/certificate / Health & Safety and up-to-date knowledge of best practice.
Knowledge & Experience:
- In depth experience of managing “soft” facility service operations gained in a large multi-site organisation.
- Direct line management responsibility and leadership of teams in excess of 50 staff
- A track record of delivering high quality customer service
- Held a role of comparable seniority within a large, multi-site organisation.
- Business management experience demonstrating sound commercial acumen.
- Management, analysis and accounts of budgets in excess of £15m.
- Contract management & Safety management
- Managing significant levels of change across a breadth of activities.
For further interest and confidential discussion on this exciting opportunity, please contact Kevina Turnbull at Maxwell Stephens on either 0207 118 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please only apply for this position if you are able to clearly demonstrate the essential requirements outlined in the details above. We are always happy to hear from candidates seeking a new role therefore to explore/apply for other opportunities or simply submit your CV speculatively please click here.