Facilities SupervisorBack to Vacancies List
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for managing the day to day facilities within the London Office. Providing a safe, comfortable and efficient working environment for staff and visitors that is well presented and maintained and line managing the Facilities Assistant.
- Supervise the work of the Facilities Assistant and ensure that the in house services to internal customers, e.g. post, meeting room management, stationery are provided to a high standard at all times. Ensure any issues are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Carry out the role of the Facilities Assistant in their absence, in particular carrying out the first or last post run depending on shifts.
- Day to day management of Service Providers, e.g. cleaning and maintenance contractors, liaising as necessary and carrying out regular audits/inspections to ensure services are provided to a high standard at all times and meet agreed service levels. Where this is not the case, taking action to resolve any issues, escalating to the Head of Property and Facilities as required.
- Respond to all Facilities Helpdesk requests, either dealing with directly, delegating to the Facilities Assistant, or forwarding to the outsourced service providers as necessary or escalating to the Head of Property and Facilities if unable to resolve issues.
- Carry out regular inspections of the office noting any defects, repairs required or other issues that need to be actioned, reporting any issues that you cannot resolve or require expenditure approval to the Head of Property and Facilities.
- Ensure that the office is always presented in a professional and tidy state, eg items are removed to archive quickly, boxes not stored on top of cupboards, meeting rooms, service areas kitchen and toilets are well maintained.
- Liaise with Building Management to obtain security passes for staff.
- Maintain stocks of kitchen consumables, ordering supplies as necessary. Ensure all kitchen equipment is in working order.
- Check and approve invoices for London facilities at level 1.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company policies and procedures and maintain appropriate documentation to evidence compliance.
- Carry our regular workplace inspections to ensure for example that fire escape routes are kept clear, items are stored safely, there are no trip or slip hazards etc.
- Maintain up to date lists of Fire Marshalls and First Aiders, booking any training required and ordering any first aid supplies.
- Carry out initial investigation of any Accident or Near Miss reports, taking any measures necessary to prevent re-occurrence and reporting serious issues to the Head of Property and Facilities.
- Carry out initial investigation of issues raised through the online DSE assessments, helping customers to adjust their chairs and improve their workstations and raising a request for a specialist assessment if required. Ensure DSE assessments are carried out following desk moves.
- Keep London Facilities information on the Intranet up to date.
- Maintain databases or any Management Information Systems as requested by the Head of Property and Facilities
- As and when required, assist the Head of Property and Facilities with projects and internal moves.
- Liaise with PA’s and team managers on a regular basis to help identify any items that require archiving.