Facilities Manager (1 year contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful developer of new homes is looking to appoint an experienced Facilities Manager to join their facilities leadership team. The successful candidate will manage the operational delivery of an efficient and effective facilities management service, across a number of sites in the South East. The role will be to maximise internal client satisfaction, contributing to business performance and financial strength, through the delivery of a responsive, efficient customer focused facilities management service. You will ensure that buildings are safe, serviced and maintained appropriately through effective implementation of FM Operational Strategies. You will represent and champion the company and its values, whilst leading and motivating staff to ensure services meet and exceed customer service excellence. The successful candidate will be solution focused and will act as a champion of service improvement. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and have experience of growing and developing a team. Also, you will need to demonstrate a track record in innovative service development, business planning skills and developing operational excellence. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the Facilities coordinators, FM service providers, contractors and their performance to ensure effective delivery of the Day to Day Facilities service in line with the Facilities Management Strategy.
- Ensure facilities activities are controlled to meet management objectives, key performance indicators and quality standards via the effective provision of procedures and the helpdesk system.
- Work collaboratively with other support teams to ensure the facilities management service and the wider objectives are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in developing the vision for the shape of FM in the organisation going forward.
- Ensure compliance of areas controlled in respect of internal governance, procurement and adherence to relevant statutory and regulatory provisions. This includes ensuring financial probity and identifying potential fraud.
- Develop and influence internal and external relationships with key clients, stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure external service providers and suppliers are managed to ensure clarity, performance efficiency and VFM.
- Prepare, manage and control budgets for activities managed.
- Demonstrable experience managing delivery of high quality, efficient facilities management services
- Proven people management/leadership skills
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Highly developed relationship/client or stakeholdermanagement skills
- Experience and understanding of fabric and engineering maintenance
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to deliver against demanding objectives
- Full Driving Licence and Car owner
- BIFM or similar relevant qualification would be desirable
- Experience of a multisite Facilities Management service would be desirable
Maxwell Stephens Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions which can be found at www.maxwellstephens.com